Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2016, 01:28 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Help Needed with Dripping Faucets

Here's what my bathroom faucet assembly looks like from the top and bottom after I removed the handles and screws. It won't do anything else.

How do I stop this thing from leaking? Other websites suggest replacing the entire unit. Yes, or no?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5296.jpg (77.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5295.jpg (87.1 KB, 5 views)
cesmart6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:02 PM   #2
Site Team

If they are plastic, and I think they look like that, I would defiantly replace it with a good brass, metal one. If you buy at big box store, check and make sure that they are made of metal, a lot of them are again made of plastic.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:40 PM   #3
Site Team

I agree with Mark, but will also add.
We don't whether your unit is under warranty yet or not. It could be a warranty issue.
It would help all who answer if you would put the year,make,and model of your rig in your signature.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:46 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
If they are plastic, and I think they look like that, I would defiantly replace it with a good brass, metal one. If you buy at big box store, check and make sure that they are made of metal, a lot of them are again made of plastic.
Another quick question. Looks like the hose to the sprayer for my black tank is also located in the tiny space beneath the sink. It appears to be too short because it is crimped (like outside hoses crimp themselves and cut off the water. Should I replace that piece of hose while I'm at it?

Thanks, again.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:50 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
I agree with Mark, but will also add.
We don't whether your unit is under warranty yet or not. It could be a warranty issue.
It would help all who answer if you would put the year,make,and model of your rig in your signature.
2015 Crossroads Longhorn Texas Edition 32-QB. It is under warranty, but I do not have a means to tow it into a dealership, and no Crossroads service centers exist within 800 miles of Grand Canyon (according to Crossroads Warranty), so I would have to pay for two service calls, IF a mobile repair service would even come up here (Grand Canyon east). If I could get it to a service center, we wouldn't have any place to live. So--trying to handle it myself.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #6
Gone Traveling

I would definitely replace that POS with a better quality!! I replaced our kitchen faucet while still under warranty & sent a copy of the receipt to CR & they reimbursed me, not for labor of course, but better than waiting for a dealer or mobil tech.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:56 PM   #7
Site Team

While your at it, replace the black tank sprayer hose. We use our tank sprayer every time we dump.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 02-21-2016, 09:51 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Is there a independent RV service center,or dealer near where you are.??? CR will pay a independent to do the work, it doesn't have to be a CR dealer...All of my warranty work was done by independents as I do not have a CR dealer near me either...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Now what I need are SPECIFIC instructions on how to replace the faucet assembly. Do I have to remove the sink and cabinet in order to be able to reach the hoses? I can't possibly fit under the tiny space. It is 12" wide! Maybe I should sell the unit to some other unsuspecting person, and go back to my tent!!!
Old 02-22-2016, 12:04 PM   #10
Site Team

Hope fully you can reach up under the cabinet and remove the supply hoses from the faucet. It could look like this hose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hose.jpg (29.4 KB, 1 views)

Old 02-22-2016, 02:04 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

you can take the cold an hot inserts out and replace them , but may leak again, . When i took my old ones offf there was debris in there, cleaned and put back in and worked.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:54 PM   #12
Gone Traveling

Replacing my kitchen faucet was strictly by feel, couldn't see any of it. There are no shut offs at the sink, if There is a previous owner added them, so shut off the water source first thing & then open hot/cold faucets at kitchen to relieve pressure. If I were to guess the lines are attached directly to the faucet but probably not much more than hand tightened or use pliers to remove them. Then there's either 1 or 2 bolts holding the faucet down or large nuts above water line connections. You can add longer hoses, like pictured above, to new faucet prior to installing to make it easier to reconnect.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:48 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have already attempted this. I wish the hoses that are visible looked nice like your picture, but they are the cheap, crimped style and I can't get under the sink to see the connections, so I have no idea what I'm dealing with. There's water under the sink even though we're no longer using it. I'm guessing the pressure from the toilet connection is causing a problem. This is something I never expected, and the official replies from Crossroads are less than satisfying. Coach-net is attempting to find a mobile unit that will come up here, but I will have to pay for TWO visits because the repairs have to be authorized before they can be done. We have no way to turn the water off to the faucets because there are no under-sink faucets of any kind. Frustrating!
Old 02-23-2016, 11:49 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

P.S. I am not a weekend camper. This is our only home.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:04 PM   #15
Site Team

Can't you just shut the water off to the whole rv. Release the low point drains while a faucet is open and all the water standing in the lines will drain.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:17 PM   #16
Weekend Camper

What I meant was...

Clarification: If I had turn-off faucets under the sink, I could just disable the sink until we can get some help. As it stands, if I turn off the water outside, I won't have any running water to the kitchen sink , the tub, the bathroom sink, or the toilet. Everything is attached to each other on one single water line.

I just heard from the faucet manufacturer, who sent me a schematic. Don't know how I'll get under the sink, but at least now I have an idea about how the faucet goes together, itself!
Old 02-23-2016, 12:29 PM   #17
Site Team

Turn off your main water, buy 2 gator similar shutoffs and install under sink. Then turn the water back on. You can now turn off the sink only.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:33 PM   #18
Site Team

You wouldn't even have to go brass. I think you should be able to go with plastic valves, which should be cheaper and be less weight hanging there.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:26 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

You might also want to check out SHARK BITE FITTINGS...They can be just pushed over all the different types of pipes (pex, cpvc, copper, ect.) no soldering, crimping or glueing...There is also a shut off you could use to isolate the sink...Sold at Home Depot, Lowes, and probably most hardware stores...

You through me off when you said "turn-off faucets under the sink" what you mean is shut off valves...So when you go to the hardware store ask for a " Bathroom sink Shark Bite shut off valve" for 1/2 inch pipe...

PS...At home depot the model number is #23936-0000LF...It is called::::Shark-Bite Chrome-Plated Brass Push-to-Connect X 3/8 in.OD Compression Quarter-Turn Angle Stop Valve...
WOW that's a mouth full...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:32 PM   #20
Weekend Camper

Thank You All

I really appreciate all the responses to my query. I think I may have found the easiest solution: I contacted the manufacturer of the faucet assembly. Because it is less than a year old, and under warrantee, they will send me a new valve, thus allowing me to fix this myself (I hope) and save a lot of money for the moment.

I would love to replace all the hoses, etc., but no one has yet addressed the issue of attempting to work in a 12" space! I can't even reach the place where the hoses connect with the faucet. Let's hope the new valve will do the trick! I can address that from above. (I may be able to lengthen the hose to the black tank sprayer, though, because I can see, and reach it from outside the cabinet.)

A fixed faucet is hopefully on its way. Often it's the simplest method that works best. I will try the manufacturer path for the other issues I have with the plastic parts that just don't stand up and let other novices know.

Bye for now!