Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I was talking with a Kingston ownerthis weekend aboutan issue he is having with his mixing valve. Afterwards I took a closer look at my Cruiser setup and now have a question. I apologize if this is a repeat of a previous post since there are several out there on winterizing, but I did not see this particular one. In order to bypass for winterization there are 2 valves, one on the cold water side coming in and another on the 'crossover' line. By opening thecrossover valve and diverting the cold water from the tank, I can see how the water would continue to flow into the hot water line. But what prevents the water from flowing back into the hot water tank from the hot water line? Is the brass fitting coming out of the tank a back flow valve? Or is there something built into the tank to prevent that? Your answer to this might also solvethe Kingstonissue as well (or at least point us in the right direction) since his is missing the brass fitting.

Hensley, AR

'05 CF29RK,

'01 Ford F250 CrewCab
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

for you the brass fitting is a check valve to prevent back flow. Hopefully your friend did not mess with the mixing valve as this would have an effect on the amount of hot water he would get. You can go to the Atwood site to check on adjusting the mixing valve.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

No, initially he had someone locally work on it and they replaced a faulty mixing valve. Apparently in the process they removed his check valve so now he is having issues with hot water in the cold water lines. I think putting in a new check valve along with the new mixing valve will solve the rest of his issues. Thanks!

Hensley, AR

'05 CF29RK,

'01 Ford F250 CrewCab
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote