Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to TB88

Has anyone installed a Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C in a2014 CF335SS.If so where was it put (pictures if possible)How hard was it? Does it void any warranty.
Also what is the small black plastic item attached to the bedroom wall near the bathroom door?
Old 05-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sent you a PM. J Ren did an installaton.
See Surge Protector on the Cruiser section

Edited by: NorskeNY

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I installed one in my 32qb yesterday. There was barely enough room behind the breaker panel in mine. Pretty simple install with the exception of the 6 gauge wire being stiff and hard to work with in a tight space. I was glad to see it all worked the first time, one I got it all hooked up.

2012 Crossroads Cruiser 31QB

B&W Companion Hitch

martinstwopopfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB88
Also what is the small black plastic item attached to the bedroom wall near the bathroom door?

If your unit is pre-wired for a 2nd A/C, then it may be the remote temp. sensor for the bedroom A/C.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I installed the Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C in my 2011 305sk. I was able to remove the panel thats in bay and had access to the back of my breaker box. The panel is just cheap plywood with carpet on it and easy to remove. Got mine all hooked up followed directions and double checked wiring. All I have at home is 30 amp . Plugged it in and worked great able to read L1 and L2 amps. Plugged in generator and unit would not let power to RV. Got fault on display, E2. Looked it up and said Open Ground. Called Progressive and got tech right away. Guess common problem when using Generator. Because of the way Genny and RV are wired. Tech said I had to bond the Ground and Neutral together. So had to make a separate box to plug into Genny and plug RV into that. Worked like a charm. All came on.

shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

there was a topic on this before, included isa pic of my Progressive unit.

http://forums.crossroadsrv.com/forum...rotector#54289

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe2728
I installed the Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C in my 2011 305sk. I was able to remove the panel thats in bay and had access to the back of my breaker box. The panel is just cheap plywood with carpet on it and easy to remove. Got mine all hooked up followed directions and double checked wiring. All I have at home is 30 amp . Plugged it in and worked great able to read L1 and L2 amps. Plugged in generator and unit would not let power to RV. Got fault on display, E2. Looked it up and said Open Ground. Called Progressive and got tech right away. Guess common problem when using Generator. Because of the way Genny and RV are wired. Tech said I had to bond the Ground and Neutral together. So had to make a separate box to plug into Genny and plug RV into that. Worked like a charm. All came on.

I usually use an adapter to power the RV off my generator to - 50 to 30 adapter and then an adapter to the generator (Yamaha 4000 watt).

When you say you had to bond the ground and the neutral together - was that in the separate box?

Could you send me some pictures - where do you mount the box - by the generator?

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

I don't have any pics right now. I made a box with a 30 amp female plug, with a pig tail to plug into my genny. Got outdoor box and 30amp RV plug at home depot. I did bond the neutral and ground together in the box. Wired the 30 amp plug as normal and ran jumper between N and G. If you don't bond them together the surge protector will not allow power. You can bypass the error by using the button on the remote display. This will allow power to come thru, however you will not have any display functions. If I remember right you will still have surge protection, but no monitoring. The instructions will explain this.Mine works find and no problems.This is how Progressive told me to do it. Just have to add this disclaimer, I take no responsibility for this.
shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote