Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Have the Jensen player in my 2011 305skp. when playing a DVD or music CD sounds comes out of speakers fine. Wondering if anyone had any luck playing the TV sound thru the Jensen to the speakers. The audio out on my TV was never hooked up to the Jensen. So I opened up the back of the Jensen and as per the wiring diagram there were two cables marked Left and Right audio in, got some cables and plugged them in to the tv and selected AUX on the Jensen and all there was coming out was a buzzing. Has anyone had any luck playing the TV audio out of the speakers.

shoe2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #2

I have the 2011 CF30ES; and usually I consider myself a excellent handyman and one with good common sense. I bought mine in September of 2010. It took me a year to fiqure out it had a DVD player with the Jensen radio and that the surround sound speakers wasn't hooked up. I never use the radio unless I'm playing the Ipod and noone showed me when I purchased it. So, sometimes it's just like Christmas every day. LOL

P.S. To answer your question. No I haven't hooked my TV up to surround sound yet. That was my winter project. Did you have it hooked into the audio out on the TV?

Old 11-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

If you pull out the Jensen, there will be some unused phono plugs marked audio in. these should go to your TV Audio out. My TV did have audio plugs, but still wouldnt work. Iam going to try and plug something else into the Jensen audio in plugs and make sure something isnt just wrong with the TV.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

It's been a while but on my tv it didn't have a output? but did have a headphone that I used a 3mm plug into headphone and the other end had rca jacks for left and right. Hope that made sense. I did mine mainly to hear direct tv signal beep on outside speakers when tring to find the sat. I also turn the Jenson up loud when watching those LSU tigers on outside tv.
2008 Club Cart Precedent
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...olfcart2-1.jpg
Cajun TBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

You did use the plugs in back of the Jensen and select Aux to hear the TV. Looks like I have a bad TV or Jensen then.
thanks

Old 11-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Yes the plugs work. Think maybe it unplugged when u pushed it back in place?
2008 Club Cart Precedent
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...olfcart2-1.jpg
Cajun TBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

No, tired it with just Right plugged in and just left plugged in. Nothing but buzzing came out. Something is wired wrong, Maybe with the TV. Its a new FW and TV, but the Video out plugs on the TV look almost like they were added later. I will have the look the Model number of the TV up on the internet and see if it came with the video out plugs from the factory.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Just looked the Toshiba TV up on-line and it doesnt come with Audio out plugs, but mine has them. Have had FW less than one month. Now have to do some checking with CrossRoads.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

I had the Jensen setup in a 2009 Montana - for the speakers to get an output from the TV I think input - aux 2 was used. I would get sound from the TV speakers and the surround sound speakers. I do not remember what connections there were on the back of the TV and Jensen unit. You might just have to "play" with it a bit to find the right setting.
We pick up our CF 335SS on Saturday - will check connections then.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:18 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

You might want to check the menu selections on the TV. Some have an option to "turn off" the external speaker feed.

Hensley, AR

'05 CF29RK,

'01 Ford F250 CrewCab
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:12 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

What I originally thought were audio out jacks on my Visio TV were actually audio in, such as you'd use to plug in the audio from a DVD player to play through the TV speakers. So I did as Cajun Tboy did andbought a stereo cord with small MP3 type jack on one end and red and white RCA jacks on the other (around $5 at WalMart). Plugged the small jack into the headphone out on the TV and the red and white jacks into the audio in input on the receiver (not a Jensen). Produces dynamite surround sound from over the air HD signals in the receiver'sAux 1 mode. I also tranfer the small jack from the TV headphone output to my Ipod headphone/earbud output to play music through the trailer's speakers.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Done some other checking on the TV and it has other problem. When sliding the balance control to the left have sound out of left spkr on TV, when sliding balance control to right, no sound out of right spkr or left spkr. So looks like TV is at fault. Only had FW for 28 days so not going to open up TV and look inside, just take it back for warranty.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
Seasonal Camper

Someone at the Rally last year had his TV output hooked up to the Aux jacks on the Jensen and had great sound on regularTV programs. I triedconnecting the audio output from the TV to the Aux input on the Jensen and got a lot of static and "popping-snapping" noises, plus the wires got so hot I thought they might catch on fire. Ihad the TV and surround sound system working fine on the boat, but not so on the travel trailer.Would like to know how if anyone has done it successfully.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

Here's a thought... How about using a FM Transmitter plugged into the HeadPhone output of the TV and tuning the radio to the assigned FM station?

I use the previous version of this one between my smartphone and portable radios and garage radio. It was inexpensive and works really well.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-FM...itter/16480626

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #15
Full Time Camper

Our son pulled the Jensen out of the mount and connected it to the TV. When we want TV sound through the Jensen we press the "AUX" button until "AUX 2" appears. He claimed it was a simple install but he's the one with a master's degree in civil engineering.

We use the surround sound when the a/c is on "High" and the diverter is open.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:02 AM   #16
Family Vacation Member

It is an easy hookup, the cables are already on the Jensen, just plug in the cables from audio out on TV to the Jensen and it should work. I just happen to have a TV that is messed up. When I looked up the Model TV that came in my FW, the TV did not have Audio out on it. I can tell by looking at the TV that someone added the audio out. This is a new FW and new TV so it must have been changed at maybe the Crossroads Factory and who ever did it crossed up some wires inside. I have worked in electronics for 20 years and could probably take the TV apart and fix it. However it is still under Warranty so, just going to get it replaced.