Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2016, 07:35 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to TB88
Kitchen slideout has no power at plug ins

Just checked my 2014 335SS Cruiser and found refrigerator had gone from electric to gas.I then noticed no power at any of the plug ins on the kitchen counter top or any of the plug ins at the bottom of the walls on this slide out.Fireplace has power, microwave has power, the fridge plug in has power,the tv has no power.Little sign on counter top plug ins refers to Ground fault.I do have power at the bathroom and centre sink console and don't know any others in trailer.This problem is weird and I am looking for any remedies
Old 06-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Are you sure you have check all the ground fault receptacles?
If so, and they are all good, have you checked the the junction box outside under the slide? That has been known to create problems. Gets moisture in, loose connections, etc.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:46 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

first places to look would be ALL of your GFI outlets for one that might be tripped and also check your breakers (a tripped breaker can look "on" so examine carefully).
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:05 PM   #4
Site Team

Look at the ground fault under the island countertop in front of fridge. That's the one that controls my fridge and occasionally trips.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Kitchen slide

Thank you Lloyd,Stan,Mark for your trouble shooting ideas.I have checked the two GFI s (bathroom and under center kitchen island) I even switched them but have same problem.I switched the 15 amp circuit breaker with a spare one in the panel to no avail.Left over night and power returned. Tried to put fridge on electricity it tried to go to gas immediately and then I lost power at GFI ,3 plugins on kitchen counter,Tv plug in and lower plug in back wall and power plug for fridge, fireplace and microwave okay. At one time I did have power at the GFI but not at any plug ins.I have now run out of ideas but assume fridge trying to go to electric mode is the problem
Old 06-05-2016, 07:08 PM   #6
Site Team

Have you checked out the junction box that is outside attached to the frame?
Old 06-12-2016, 07:46 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

KItchen slide has no power

Thanks to all for the replies to my question.I called Crossroads and was told to take it to a dealer,They did not offer any solutions other than that.I finally called a mobile mechanic after 8 hours of trouble shooting,it came down to a faulty plug on the back wall.Power from the lower C/B goes to the center isle GFI then the other side of the center isle then to plugins on sofa slide then back to the backwall plug in ,then to all the plug ins on the kitchen slide including the fridge. 12 outlets off one 15 amp C/B. It just boggles the mind about the designers for these Rvs.The fridge itself should be on a separate C/B. I even have a spare one in the panel. After all that time and effort its finally fixed
Old 06-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #8
Site Team

Glad you found it and thanks for reporting back with the solution.