Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Went to
the DC RV show yesterday with the family and was very surprised with the lack
of crossroads campers. I know when we found our Sunset Trail this years at the
Hershey Rv show I never heard of crossroads, but feel in love with their floor
plans and extra upgrades. Why is crossroads not a mainstream company like Keystone
or Jayco? Any thoughts?</span>

2014 Sunset Trail 32bh

"I work so I can CAMP, I camp to get away from WORK"
dminer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

CR has been growing over the years but isn't nearly the size of Jayco, Keystone, or Forest River. In the past, part of it's charm was that CR WASN'T like the big boys - longer warranty, better customer service, and so on.

However, some of that has been lost in the new warranty (my perception) and there have been some serious quality concerns from new owners. Crossroads isn't at many shows up this way either, 2 of the dealers who use to carry the line have switched to SOB.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78

CR has been growing over the years but isn't nearly the size of Jayco, Keystone, or Forest River. In the past, part of it's charm was that CR WASN'T like the big boys - longer warranty, better customer service, and so on.

However, some of that has been lost in the new warranty (my perception) and there have been some serious quality concerns from new owners. Crossroads isn't at many shows up this way either, 2 of the dealers who use to carry the line have switched to SOB.
I agree with this 100%, and will add-- The dealer I purchased ours from no longer stocks CR products. He can, and will get one if somebody wants it. Claims CR is unwilling to work with him like the other company's. will.
A person might be inclined to have some animosity towards the dealer for not stocking, but heck, he has to make a living and be able to keep the doors open.
Some times I think CR is inclined to cut their own throat just spite their stomach.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

However, some of that has been lost in the new warranty (my perception) and there have been some serious quality concerns from new owners. [/QUOTE]

I am one of those new Owners. I bought the camper in Oct went on two small trips. Found many small issues and sent to the shop Nov 1st. It has been there ever since. I know I don't have any trips coming up, but still would like to see it at MY house instead of somewhere else. On a side note never buy from Camping World. They take your money then never answer the phone again. I had to bring my camper to a different dealership just because Camping World was so hard to deal with.
2014 Sunset Trail 32bh

"I work so I can CAMP, I camp to get away from WORK"
dminer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
The "new" warranty was suppose to address these types of concerns (long waits for warranty, claims, and so on). Sadly I haven't read any stories stating the "new" warranty really worked.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Dustin -- I have to concur with you about Camping World. I also bought a new camper (305 SK Patriot) at the Hershey RV show this past September. We took delivery the end of September. In the agreement Camping World was to send a crew to take out a fireplace in our camper, as we bought the 305SK shown at Hershey, and put in cabinet doors. Also they were to order a capture plate as I have a Pull-rite hitch. I am now on the third person I have had to deal with at Camping World. My next move is to write the Good Sam Action Line, or write Marcus the CEO Of both Camping World & Good Sam. Let see if the put that in Highways Mag.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Lets face it the longer a dealer keeps your camper the less you can use your warrenty. A one year warrenty can and does quickly become a 6 month or less.Then you can add your winter months to it. Were I come from most campers are dead 7 months a year. Winter is long.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Crossroads products were well displayed by Kettlesen Campers at the Denver RV show this week. Met and discussed a couple ideas with a Factory rep. who was also on hand.Guess it "just depends".

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Went to a rv show in Greensboro NC today. It was a smaller show, mostly camping world and 2 other dealerships. They had about 2 zinger TT, a bunch of Z1 TTs, 1 cruiser aire TT, and several cruiser 5ers.I honestly was not very impressed by the cruiser aire, it felt like lower quality to me. We didn't bother going into any of the zingers or z1 because we weren't interested in another TT but I visited the cruiser aire since I haven't seen one yet.The cruisers were ok but I wasn't blown away by them and they didn't have a floor plan I liked.I did find I liked the Montana high country and the cougars but the cougars are really light on cargo capacity. Wow on the landmark and Columbus 5ers but with $80-90k price tag they had better be.The only factory rep we found was the keystone rep.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:42 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Tony,
I asked for a quote from Landmark, on the San Antonio, complete with everything you could want. Dual-Pane Windows, generator, dual door fridge, etc, etc. They came in at $77k. On the other hand I have found the Columbus 365RL for around $50k...now it will be extra for the genny, but I find the price on the Columbus to very reasonable. They have a new model for 2013 called a 340RK, my dealer, Quietwoods has one in stock, he is going to set it up for Linda and I next week and we're going to take a look at it. My current unit is a RK, as is this one and for some reason we seem to be drawn to the RK models. Like the idea of the kitchen being "out of the way" so to speak...to each his own LOL. I'm in no hurry yet so this summer we will visit the Columbus plant when we're at the CR's rally. I won't buy a unit without checking out the assembly line...JMHO.

Be well,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote