Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Landing gear problem

My 2007 CF29RE has a landing gear issue, facing the front of the 5er the landing leg on the right (motor side) will not go up or down nor will it move by manually using the hand crank, the left side will go up or down electrically and also by using the hand crank, motor is working, and the square shaft from the motor to the left side is intact and turns freely, but only moves the landing legs on the left side, I had to bottle jack the right side of the 5er to disconnect it from the truck, anyone have a solution/idea on this issue?
kylied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Sounds like the gear is stripped. If you can take it apart and check you can replace the gear yourself. They sell them online eg https://www.strombergcarlson.com/fif...-landing-gear/
Here's a link that shows how to remove and replace. http://www.loveyourrv.com/repairing-...l-landing-leg/

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:33 AM   #3
Site Team

It might be just the pin sheared off. I believe there is a pin in there where the shaft connects to the rest of it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:45 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thank You, Mark5w, I watched the video and I'm gonna try and tackle this, thanks again
Old 09-08-2017, 08:14 AM   #5
Site Team

If you're lucky, like Lloyd said, it may be just the pin. Video shows how to remove it.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 09-08-2017, 09:19 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thank you, Mark5w and Lloyd, sad to say its not a sheared pin, but appears to be a oblong washer that is below the gear that turns the threaded rod, my next problem is getting that out, its held in place by a U shaped bracket any ideas as to how to get the bracket out that holds the gear and threaded rod?
Old 09-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #7
Site Team

Not sure how to get it out, but if you can identify the manufacturer, you can call them and ask for help.

Here's a diagram that may help, not sure if it applies to your brand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg qu98717_800.jpg (97.0 KB, 5 views)

Old 09-08-2017, 05:00 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Talking

Thanks Mark5w, ended up ordering a new complete leg from the manufacturer, thanks for your advice