Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

I want to put a 26" LCd in the TT but I want to use the pedestal mount instead of an articulating arm mount.

How do you guys think I should mountTV pedestal to the entertainment centershelf so that I dont have to takethe TVdown every time we move the TT?

I was thinking of just drilling some holes in the pedestal and then run some bolts with nuts and big flat (fender washers) washers through the pedestal and the entertainment center shelf??

The pedestal is held onto theTV with 6 screws so I am thinking that it wont break away from the TV itself.

What do you guys think?

Any other ideas?

BrianEdited by: fixit5561

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

When I first installed my Sony LCD tv, I made a 2 piece wood base that fit over the tv base that way I did not alter anything on the tv. I used carriage bolts and wing nuts thru the base of the entertainment unit to hold the tv in place. I did use a pillow to hold the tv while traveling, however it didn't completely keep the tv from moving and eventually the actual tilt mechanism in the base started to break. It lasted a few yrs.

More recently, I removed the flexiable base assembly and made a rigid base out of plywood, stained to match the entertainment center. Now, there is no tilt or rotation capability, but it works for us. Now the tv experienced all of the road shock, but so far it hasn't affected the tv in 2 yrs.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote