Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Hello all, we are in the market for a 'lcd' hdflat screen for our 29RE. I'm curious how they hold up rattling down the hwy in the back of a 5th wheel? I have read where a number of you have them.

Patrick (shoetravel), we have the same unit and I assume our entertainment centers are alike. I remember a post you made, withpictures,in the old forum showing your install and tv brand but I can't find it or it's not available anymore. Could you or would you repost it?

We are looking at the Vizio VO32LF.

Looking for input please. Thanks

BTW can we still get into the old forum or is that history?

Happy Camping

Dennis

cruzr4-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We have two in ours and they are holding up just fine. Ours have been in the trailer when it is 100*+ in the Summer and down to the mid 20's in the Winter. I think the best thing you can do is make sure they have a solid mount when traveling.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I agree with Hunter. I have a 26" Sharp and it works great. I do take it out in the winter but I probably don't need to. No issues with driving on some very bumpy roads. I have two screws thru the base and into the cabinet, plus two (front and back) small curtain rods that are covered in foam pipe insulation and spring tentioned to the sides of the cabinet to hold the top of the LCD rom rocking.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Dennis, mine is a 32 inch Samsung I bought 2+ years ago.It has held up well. I don't know if the current models measure the same, it is a tight fit but the bigger e-center of the 29RE will handle a bigger TV. It took me a bit of web searching to findat 32"that would fit...I'll post the pictures of the current install later, but I am working on a new one as we speak so could have an update after the weekend. I'll have to look a little further for the dimensions of the TV. But asI said it has held up great, even after dozens of trips up and down some very bumpy forest service roads in the back of the 29RE

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

found it....

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum_20...erms=29re%2Ctv

The TV is a Samsung LN-S3296. A quick web search I found that Samsung currently has a LN-S3296D which might not be the same size. The key features were a shorter stand than most and indirect speakers that did not add extra measurement to the front panel. If I recall the TV is a 1/4" taller than the opening but there is a lip around the opening, the inside is taller so it still fits inside with no problems. Just had to tip it a little to install. Hope this helps...

(pic coming soon!)
Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like they ride ok if are anchored in some way or layed on the bed.

Thanks Patrick for your research and pictures. I have measured the Vizio we are looking at and should fit, but tight. You are right about the speakers being in front making them too tall. Maybe we'll cross paths someday we frequent some of the same areas.

How did you pull up the old forum thread?

Thanks again

Dennis

Old 04-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Dennis, the old forum is at

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum_2008

Yep, keep thinking we'll cross paths soon. Guess we'll have to put together a Washington Cruisers Rally this year. I was trying to figure out the campground in your sig photo. I was thinking Daroga SP but see the drain hose hooked up.I was going to go to Rasar SP this weekend but the rain the past couple of weeks slowed down my prepping the 5'er for the upcoming camping season. Just gonna do an overnight shakedown at Tall Chief instead....

(pic coming soon!)
Old 04-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Patrick, the sig pic is Pearrygin Lk State Park near Winthrop on the east side of N. Cascade Hwy 20. For thosenot famiiar withthe area, the N. Cascade Hwy is averyscenic drive and the area east of it is great for camping. Daroga St Pk is nice too. A group of us camped there when the park was nearly new, late 80's,and all the trees in the campground were small. We drove through it a couple years ago and hardly recognized it.

You also talk about Teanaway area,in the 80's & 90's we lived in Kent (Covington)

and I use to hunt deer in Teanaway and Liberty area.

A NW get together would be fun. There are quite a few of us now.

Anyway everone have a good weekend and happy camping

Dennis