Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2013, 05:28 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Maybe somebody can help me out here. I have a 2010 Cruiser CF29CK. The axles are labeled as Lippert 5200 pound. The question I have is what are the dimensions (eye to eye) and the rated capacity supposed to be on the leaf springs for that unit? I have had the springs replaced on the rear axle because I lost a leaf out of one ofthe originals. The new ones don't seem right to me. I believe they are to long or under capacity which is allowing the Equa-Flex system to not hang in a neutral position at rest on level ground. The center to center on the new ones as'installed'seem to be 1-3/8" longer than the front ones. Of course I can find no usable markings on the new ones to identify capacity, etc. One option isif I could find a new leaf section (the 9-1/4" long short one) I suppose I could have the oldsprings reinstalled. Anybody have one laying around??

Rick A
Old 05-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I would think any good spring shop could easily make you one. I know they can for car/truck springs.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
Site Team

Contact Crossroads or Lippert with your vin number and ask.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I am a new 2007 29CK owner, anyone know what kinds of springs I have and if there are any issues with this particular unit? Thanks!

azmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

AZMichael....You prob have 5200 lbs axles. There S/be a label on the axle or maybe a manufacturers label on the side of the unit. I have a 2007 as well and the only factory issues were bent outriggers (steel plates on the frame every 6' or so that hold up the side walls) and shock mounts that hit the tires. Both of these items should have been fixed but you can check your rig. The fresh water tank had flimsy plywood under the tank for support and the tank would sag when filled fully. Most of us have replaced the plywood with thicker stock and added a third support rail. Other than that, I don't recall any other major issues as most built back then were pretty reliable. Good luck with yours.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Old 06-21-2013, 01:39 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Stan and Terry,
Thanks a lot for that very useful update. I will take a look at things and see what I can learn. I'll fill my fresh water and look for the sagging, and check my clearance on the shock mounts. Do they only hit when the trailer is heavily loaded or even when running on the lighter side? Or are they mainly an issue when heavy and off road? Appreciate a little more info on that matter. I just put new tires on it; so I don't want to damage my tires if that is possible. And how would I know if I have bent outriggers? Would this be on the slides as well? or primarily on the regular structure?
I get the trailer back this weekend so I'll check into these things. I'm having a second battery installed. I went camping with just the one (the way the coach was sold) and it went dead quickly. Would this be normal? I was told it is, and a second battery would help; but running the generator was normal daily for 2 hours per day to charge up the batteries. They are saying all the electronics require a power source even when off. (like a computer) I have a solar trickle charger, but that doesn't seem to be enough. What can you tell me about this? Again, I really appreciate any knowledge you can share. (taking the girlfriend and girlfriend in law from PHX to Yellowstone and want to keep all headaches to a minimum!)

Old 06-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

The outriggers are triangular shaped metal that are welded to the frame and stick out to support the sidewalls. I believe about 6 per side. Look under the sidewalls and you will see them. The upper shock mounts were too long and and would rub the inside of the tire when driving on rougher roads. Not sure if loading mattered. The fix was to cut the end of the mount off (about 1") and remount the shock one hole closer to the frame. I run one 12v battery. Only time it ran down was when I camped without power and ran the heater. The heater draws a lot and in one night ran it down. Most people go with two 6v batteries to help when dry camping. If you do lots of dry camping, you might consider LED lights - expensive but worth it. The fridge (even when on gas) and propane detector all draw voltage.

Have a good trip to Yellowstone. Going there myself in two weeks.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Old 06-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

thank you. Enjoy Yellowstone! How long will you be at Yellowstone? We will park outside the park on the south entrance and then drive in toi see the sites.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Will be there on 12 - 14 July. Staying north of park in Gardiner to visit sister then up to Glacier for a bit.