Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2016, 12:06 AM   #1
New Camper

Leak beneath bedroom floor.

Having a few problems . Is there any way to get a print of the water line layout ? I have a water leak near the hot water tank that seems to be from beneath the bedroom floor. I see one water line that splits off and seems to head towards the front of the trailer under the floor.
32zingerQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:39 AM   #2
Site Team

I don't remember of ever seeing or hearing of CR having info available showing how the water lines are routed. You could call them and see what they have to say about it.
My guess would be, you will need to drop the membrane down in that area and look for the leak when you have the system pressurized.

You stated in another thread, that it only was wet when the pump was on. If it's not wet when you are hooked to city water, then I would think the leak must be some where between the pump and the tank.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:11 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

If you are not hooked up to a city water connection and are using the fresh water tank and the water pump, if there is that big of a leak in the water system to make the floor soft I would think that the water pump would be continuously turning on to pressurize the water system. Just a thought.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
New Camper

Bedroom Leak Floor rot

I found recently rotting soft floor at edge of interior water heater cover and interior wall. Floor is soft all the way from wall to edge of the bed frame. I also believed water lines and or water hookup to the heater was the cause.
Service guy checked and no leaks BUT water getting in from outside and found no sealant on horizontal exterior trim around water heater exterior door. .Two small areas but enough for the water to get in.

2 year old tt no warranty, now what to do to repair floor
sdfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:47 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Lightbulb Bedroom floor issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfisher View Post
I found recently rotting soft floor at edge of interior water heater cover and interior wall. Floor is soft all the way from wall to edge of the bed frame. I also believed water lines and or water hookup to the heater was the cause.
Service guy checked and no leaks BUT water getting in from outside and found no sealant on horizontal exterior trim around water heater exterior door. .Two small areas but enough for the water to get in.

2 year old tt no warranty, now what to do to repair floor
Did you find any information on how to repair? I think we have the same problem. We found a soft spot in the corner where the water heater cover meets the interior wall. Seems like only about 6" square, so we might be in better shape!
MamaBidz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing, water leakage