Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
Ed
New Camper

We have water coming in from the lower left side of our bedroom slide out, under the closet . we we're wondering if anyone else had this problem. The rubber seal's seem to be snug on the side's, but the carpeting is wet every time it rain's, The molding on that side is warped cracking. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

How does the top flange to seal look? We were having issues like that with our main slide and it was found that the top flange was warped and not making a tight enough seal allowing the water to run down the side of the slide in to the trailer.

07 Cruiser CT32SB
crustyolsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Ed, we have unit in the shop now because of the bedroom slide when extended the lower left and right sidethe carpet was wet after ahard rain.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Ed, I had a similar problem with a previous unit. Got water in the main living area regardless of the slide being in or out. Traced it to the top rubber seal where it attaches to the camper. There were a couple of cracks in the caulk along the top allowing water to run behind it and ultimately down the side of the slide and into the living area. A tube of Dicor did wonders.
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Yeah ED, I agree with Monty, carefully check existing caulking for any cracks, water has a way of finding the smallest opening...we had wet carpet in corner of lv room and solved the problem by resealing a small crack in the outside caulking bead near the wet spot...good luck and keep us informed...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
New Camper

I found my seal hanging loose on the top of the slide out on Labor Day weekend. The spring was rusted and broke. I had this seal replaced in 07 by my dealer which I paid for. I went to see my dealer he said he would check and let me know the next day. I called him a few days later. He hadn't checked yet. He said he would call Randy. I told him I would like to call Randy. I talked to Randy and he said to bring it to the factory. He put the new seal on and caulked around the seal. The other two seals had no caulking around them. It was worth the 250 mile ride. Randy and his crew does a top notch job. Thanks Randy you can't beat Crossroads for taking care of problems.

Zanesville, Ohio

2005 RL27 Cruiser

2005 250
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I once had a leak in the lower right corner (from inside) of the bed slide. I could see where the previous owner had gobbed a bunch of silicone around on the outer seals at the top corner. The seal looked a little messed up there also from the slide dragging on it. I figured this must be where it was coming in so I did a little work there also but still had the leak. I finally started looking things over real closely while it was raining hard one day. Turns out it was coming in around a screw on the bottom angle aluminum trim piece. It would go in around the screw head and then run down the angle trim right inside the trailer. Put a dab of silicone on the screw and problem solved.

mark1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

We just got our 5er out of the shopand the bedroom slide when extended, the lower left and right sidethe carpet was wet, the shop said thatthe caulking was heavy andit was holding the sealin allowing the water to come inside. Edited by: jaallen1
Old 11-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
Ed
New Camper

Thank's to everyone I check a few of these thing's out and try to get back to you...