After reading several posts - and talking to a local service tech - I got up the nerve and took down most of the underbelly cover and tackled the leaky valve. Although most posts figured that a "loose grub screw" may be the culprit - it was not.There was no way I could get at the end of the valve body in question without removing the wheels. I removed the after one first, and still could not get at the screws. I replaced the after wheel - then removed the front one. I then removed the valve completely - laid it in my lap and said a few choice words over it!! There was no grub screw - the valve body was held together by 4 recessed screws (phillips) with nylock nuts (recessed). I opened the valve up and repositioned the cable into the slot and then replaced the 4 screws - with lots of torque. Replacing the valve into the space between the pipework - while keeping both rubber seals in place also required some ofmymore colourful Naval terminology. Nevertheless, I think I was successful - the only thing left is a full power trial with water - just to make sure the thingworks without leaking.
Lessons learned: This job needs the following:
1) 3/8ths open end wrench - to remove some of the self-tapping scews;
2) 3/8 socket - either 3/8ths or 1/4 drive ratchet - to remove the self-tapping screws;
3) lug nut socket- and a 1/2" drive torque wrench (115ft/lbs - book says 90-120 ft/lbs- I middled the dangers)
4) Phillips screw driver for the recessed valve body screws; finally
5) patience = lots of it - the valve is in a brutal position - I could have used an extra elbow and wrist joints to manipulate past the suspension and frame!!!!!
The job is complete.
The above is for a 2008 32SB Cruiser Trailer with the extra galley tank valve (the culprit).
It didn't help that it was 30 degrees C (86F) - which is hot for Nova Scotia.
The job took about 4 hours - a lot of it was head scratching and looking for self-tapping screws in my gravel driveway.
I hope this can help someone else.
Roselyn and Darrell
2007.5 Silverado LT/EFI Live Tuned Duramax/6Spd Allison/Banks Ram Air with Super Scoop/Edge CTS Gauges/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Air Springs
2014 335ss Cruiser Provincial