Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We just bought a new 5er a Cruiser CF325CK. Obviously there are no leaks yet. But I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to apply this stuff (http://www.eternabond.com/articles.asp?id=197) to the roof right away in the hopes that no leaks would EVER appear. Have any of you used this product? What are the pros and cons of using it. Do you think applying this to every seam in the roof of a new 5er would be good preventative maintenance?

Thanks your insight.

Greg

klr650goldwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Site Team

I believe hunter11 used it on his roof. He will probably chime in .

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I am sure that Keith will chime in as he has done this to his PP but I wonder what CR and the roof inspection requirement would be. I have used this on the top of my slides and will do the rest when I clean the roof in the next month or two. I am hoping it would prevent me from laying down the self leveling sealant each year.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 AM   #4
Site Team

Greg here is a link for your subject. Hope it helps.
http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2249&KW=eterna+bond+size&a mp;PN=1

Old 02-24-2011, 04:22 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

did my PP,well worth the time and money, fairly easy to do, just take your time, once it's down it's down for good, most important is the prep, make sure the roof is dry and clean, then use a roller to make sure it's in place, then no more di-cor and no more worry about leaks

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:34 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by geondebi
I am sure that Keith will chime in as he has done this to his PP but I wonder what CR and the roof inspection requirement would be. I have used this on the top of my slides and will do the rest when I clean the roof in the next month or two. I am hoping it would prevent me from laying down the self leveling sealant each year.
George, I am curious why you have found it necessary to "lay down new dicor every year"?
I have never found the need to do that. The dicor on the roof of all the rigs I have owned has never been a problem. Now I admit our rigs have all been inside unless we are using it. Maybe the weather creates more prolems for the ones that set outside all the time. I know the sun has a way of doing it's thing on stuff.