Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

I think that I have a bent or weak spring on our CF30SK, If you look at the picture of our rig you'll notice that the trailer isn't sitting square to the truck. It appears to be running low on the left side of the trailer. This may be caused by the left side of the trailer being heavier than the right side. If that is so, then I'm not going to overly worry about it, but if it's not normal then maybe I'll need to replace the springs.

Has anyone else noticed this on their CF30SK?

2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Since the camera did not take the picture squarely in front of the truck I am wondering if it might have given that perception

2006 GMC 2500HD CC D/A LBZ

Sold 2002 Chevy 2500HD CC 8.1 3.73

B&W Turnover Ball Hitch with Companion
jgerni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:26 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Hamops, I don't think it looks that bad. Do you have a hitch that the head swivels on? If so could it just be swiveling enough to give the perception it is leaning? I know mine looks like that because I have my hitch set to swivel all the time and the crown of the road will make it look like it is unlevel going down the road. What does it look likeon a flat parking lot?
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:39 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

George, mine does the same thing and I think it is because of the weight difference from the two slides and also almost all the heavy appliances are on that side on the SK. I also have the swivel pin head and that may contribute to the lean as Keith said. It has never really bothered me, I don't notice any issues towing and other than visual appearances, it doesn't seem to be detrimental in any way.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan
George, mine does the same thing and I think it is because of the weight difference from the two slides and also almost all the heavy appliances are on that side on the SK. I also have the swivel pin head and that may contribute to the lean as Keith said. It has never really bothered me, I don't notice any issues towing and other than visual appearances, it doesn't seem to be detrimental in any way.

I have a two way swivel hitch plate so it may be my imagination. When view the trailer thru the rear mirror on the truck, it always looks low on the left side. I think that I'll have to take more pictures to see if I'm just seeing things. I'll have to find a level parking lot and take thepictures.

I haven't noticed any towing issues as well so maybe I'm worrying about nothing.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:14 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

I would nevr try to figure this out while pulling, As others have brought up there are to many thing that could contribute , Normal rocking, Wind, You might have pulled the whel just a little at that moment.

I would do like you said and look at in a parking lot.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:50 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

The picture was not taken in a lab conditions-meaning the road is not bubble straight like where the truck is,so you get a kind of illusion that it is not exactly straight.

CF29CK 2006

F-350 2006

https://danyshula.blogspot.com//
danyshula is offline   Reply With Quote