Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2019, 12:27 PM   #1
New Camper

Leather furniture

I have a 2012 crossroad cruiser. We paid extra for lesther couch and 2 chairs. The leather is now flaking off. We have taken care of the furniture by using leather cleaner and conditioner to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem?
Joepicker
Joepicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:55 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Just replaced our two reclining chairs and J couch. In our 2013 Rushmore Jefferson. I posted it under Rushmore, furniture upgrade. Our fake leather furniture did the same.
Gary
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

We bought a used 2014 Cruiser with the same type of fake low grade leather. The sun had already helped the recliners start losing the leather part. My wife just bought some covers off of Amazon.

Other than that your option is to replace the furniture with something better.

I just noticed another thread about replacing the furniture.
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ade-14516.html
mdbeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:48 PM   #4
Gone Traveling

Yes, flaking off leather is a common problem. Whenever I complain about this kind of things with the dealer, he usually comes with a variety of reasoning. According to him, it is happening because of the change in temperatures and usage etc.

When I talked with friends, they suggested the use of leather oils. Though people usually use leather oils for boats and jackets but yes, I am applying them on my leather sofa because I recently purchased a new cover for it and I don't want to make it saggy and allow wrinkles. Let's see how this oil protects it.

However, in my opinion, the flaking thing only revolves around the poor quality of leather. Even it happened with my leather jacket last year.
Remedios_Sharrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:24 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

We bought our 2013 ST32FR a couple weeks ago and are currently on our first trip with it at a nearby RV park to play around with it and get to know/test everything to make sure there aren’t any issues the dealership needs to fix....

Well... we’re only 3 days in and the “leather” on the loveseat is about half flaked off, the bunk room Jack knife sofas have started flaking, as well as the dinette cushions. Needless to say, it’s pretty disappointing and discouraging to see how little care and consideration manufactures put into the products they sell.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:16 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I don't know what we're doing right. Ours is not flaking. We have a 2012. We only use it about 5-6 short trips a year. We use the leather conditioner once a year at the beginning of the season. When not in use, we make sure the blinds are all closed to protect from the sun. Other than that, I guess we're just lucky.
sllamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 12:50 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I'm thinking earlier model loveseats had to be of a better quality, or supplier. Our's is flawless in condition, as we purchased our 2010 Sunset Reserve trailer used almost 4 summers ago. We give it the usual wipe every so often when dusty using only water then a wipe dry, also curtains/shades are always closed all winter. Nothing special around our trailer nor any of those special chemical cleaners that boast you'll never need to clean again in your lifetime and almost promise to push the vacuum cleaner for you too. People just need to realize they're purchasing lies for that hard earned cash, when all you need is water, elbow grease and maybe 1 drop of detergent most of the time, lol....
Old 05-16-2021, 08:35 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

I have a 2012 Sunset Trail Reserve and have experienced the faux leather flaking on the arms of one of the rockers. I purchased this adhesive patch material on amazon and it works fairly well if you do not want to replace the furniture and depending on where the issues are. Interestingly enough, I recently was speaking with a seasoned furniture sales lady and she said some furniture companies simply spray this on and it will at times flake. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1