Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2009, 03:56 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

I am currently trying to level the Fiver while pulling.We lowered the hitch to the last hole first.I am just wondering what to level off of.We have the inside of the trailer level now.Stationary counters floors in both the front and back are level.However when I measure off the frame,It still shows about 2" high in the front.What do you use for level the inside or the outside? Currently I am at 8" from the bed rail to the trailer,So We still have a little wiggle room to work with.We took it for a little drive and it did seem to pull a little better,(less chucking).however it will need a trip to see if that really is the case.Parking lots around here are no better than the roads so We put it in several different positions on the pavement and took measurements and checked level.Average is what I posted,level inside about 2" difference on the frame.What do you think. Thanks
Eric and Deanna

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:49 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I say you are close enough. I have my hitch as low as it will go and the lin as high as it will go and thats with a stock Chevy 4 x 4. I don't know what the Dodge guys do ?? Their trucks sit higher than mine.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:53 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

If you are 2 inches high from the front to the rear of the trailer, then that's not too bad. If you look at my signature picture, you'll notice that our CF30SK is running a little high on the front end. In my case, I raised the pinbox to lower the front of the trailer. Lowering the hitch any would have caused the pinbox to hit the bedrails on any relatively tight turns. As a result, I have about 8 inches of clearance above the bedrails which, I consider good.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I did what you did and leveled the floor of the 5er and also made sure the fridgewas level as well. With my pin box, I have about 5" of overhang to bed rail clearance which is OK but I would like a bit more. I am still about 2 inches nose high.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I posted on this subject a few weeks ago. I have a 29RK that's 2 1/2" high on the front measured from the frame. I'm running a stock 2wd Dodge 2500. I'm really surprised there have not been more comments regarding this subject among Cruiser owners.

Either folks are not having any problems not having the trailer level or they are not aware of it. I'm currently about 7" over my bed rails and really don't want to get any closer.

I'm looking at several options but will not hijack your thread. I would certainly like to hear from other owners as to leveling the Cruiser 5th wheels.

Edited by: pulpwood007
pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote