Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2009, 02:42 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to New Trailer Mom
I'm in the Â*market for a new trailer and have done my research and decided I want the Sunset Trails ST30 by Crossroads, but I have one question regarding the layout. Â*In looking at these models on line I notice some have an accordian door at the end of queen bed which gives you nice access to the pull out draws under the bed. Then I've seen others, same model and year (2009) that have a full wall with door at the end of queen bed and I assume the draws under the bed are at either end on the sides of bed since the wall would be in the way to pull them straight out.
Is this an option that the dealer chooses or what. Â*I'm curious or did they change the model midway through. If anyone has any insight on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
Old 03-06-2009, 03:39 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham

Welcome to the forum. We really enjoy our 30BH. Sorry, but I don't have any insight on the difference that you mention. We have the accordian door and you are right, access to the drawers is easy.

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:55 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:02 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I think when you look at the pictures of the various ST trailers the same bathroom, kitchen layout is shown for all the models. It will say under the different pictures what trailer it is for.
At least that is how it looks to me. The diagram will show you the various set ups that are used. We have the 27 RB and our kitchen is in reverse of the pictures.

Hope this is useful.
Happy Camping

Old 03-06-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I may be wrong, but I thought all ST30BH came with the accordian doors. In some of the pics they show the other set up but I think that is for other models. We love our ST30BH.

Chevy Suburban 1999
crazymama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I am pretty sure all the 30BH's come with the accordian door. The ST31QB has the solid wood door. This is one of the reasons we got the QB. We figured the 'real' door would give more quiet when the children were sleeping.

Have: 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
croberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

If you look at the floorplans on the website, the current layout for the 30BH clearly shows a solid wall with a sliding door (no accordian).

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by delqcc
If you look at the floorplans on the website, the current layout for the 30BH clearly shows a solid wall with a sliding door (no accordian).

Well, you are right about that! I like the accordian door in our 08. It makes it feel more open but having a door would make it more private.

Iwonder what other changes they made in the 09.

Chevy Suburban 1999
crazymama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:01 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Second what csham and crazymama2 said.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to New Trailer Mom
So csham, you have three girls and you like your 30bh, do you find your layout comfortable because I also have three girls and thought this layout will work for us. Â*My girls are 19, 16, and 8 and the middle one I figured would sleep on the sofa bed while the oldest wants the lower wider bunk and of course the little one on the top bunk. Â*I really love this trailer but none of the dealers near me have it, Â*I may have to order it but was hoping they would get one in that I could walk through to make absolutely sure this is the one I want. Â*I've been in a st28bh which has the double slides, one for the bunk area and the other for the couch and dinette. Â*Very nice I would love this one as well but its a bit longer and I'm trying to keep the lengh down to fit this on my driveway because we have a car port attached to the house and the trailer will not fit under it. So the st30 will just make in onto the driveway without sticking out into the sidewalk. Â*Any feed back is greatly appreciated on your experience with your st30. Â*Thanks again
Old 03-08-2009, 01:08 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Not sure if you can find a 31QB to walk through, but there is a new one in Southington, CT and a used one in Bristol. Both are about ten minutes from eachother right off 84 south of Hartford.

The main difference is obviously in the back. When you are inside the camper, the 30BH feels more open in the back because of the bathroom location and the extra natural light. I think you would be happy with either. I think the QB gives you more room for the kids stuff in the back. There is also a laundry chute into the basement storage (in the one we had.)

Have: 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
croberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham
Layout seems to work great. The girls are 11, 6, and 2. The 2 year old slept on the table/bed last season. She'll probably end up in the lower bunk with the oldest this season. Their choice, not ours! We moved to the 30BH from a 25' Aerolite that did not have slides. It is a world of difference. We have had friends meet us at campgrounds and have had 4 adults and 4 kids inside during a rain shower and still had room to move around. We also looked at a 31QB but overall did not like it as much as the 30BH. After two seasons it the 30BH, I can't say that there is anything that really needs changed or doesn't work for us.

Good luck with your decision.

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote