Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Major Disappointment

My family and I bought a new 2012 Sunset Trail Reserve 31BH and we are utterly disappointed in the trailer and especially with the coustomer service at crossroads. In the last 2yrs. we have had the complete floor replaced, and axle replaced, my outside shower and sani flush flood my power cord box and then floods my trailer. so i know there is water damage. And know i have a list of 15 things that have to get fixed or replaced and the answer i get from crossroads is " well you are 4months over your warrenty, so sorry there is nothing we can do" To me that is BS. thank god i bought an extended warrenty.

This trailer has been nothing but problems and frankly i am at my whits end. If i would have know there would have been this many problems, we would have kept our 30yr. old prowler that we had no troubles with.

Any suggestions?
2013 Dodge Ram Sport R/T 5.7 Hemi(Pics to follow)

https://i44.tinypic.com/mttqmh.jpg
thefabbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sorry to hear about your experience with your camper and CR. I would say keep bothering CR and work up the food chain, but if your extended warranty takes care of you, all should be good I would think. It sucks when you put your hard earned money into something that doesn't hold up, but remember all manufactures have the same problems, I hope you get your problems resolved

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #3
Gone Traveling

Are you sure it's Crossroads or the Dealer? There have been a number of posts where folks were told by the Dealer that the Manufacturer said this or that but when the manufacturer was contacted directly it was revealed the Dealer was a lier. If you have not done so, contact Crossroads directly. Many folks on here have had good success that way. Some folks even got their unit back to the factory to have repairs done once and for all. Hope it all works out for you.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #4
New Camper

I am having the same problems with my 2012 Hampton HT38FL. Major water leakage so I know there is mold within the walls and ceiling. Warranty is just finished but I will be making the case that the cause of the mold was within the factory warranty period. The 5 year extended warranty we purchased from FCPP doesn't cover damage cause by water seepage. Gave up trying to work with the dealer, Layzee Acres in Seabright Ontario, even for the factory warranty repairs. Will be contacting Crossroads personnally and if they balk on the warranty issue, I wll be contacting my lawyer. I should have kept my Montana 5er...8 years not a single problem.
2012Hampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

We had a factory tour about 2 weeks ago by the crew supervisor. They are building a very large service bldg. just to the East of the cruiser factory. Slated to be opened in the next six months.

Jim & Jane Latour
Generator Jim is offline   Reply With Quote