Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member
Rambleaway's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Coldwater, ON,
Posts: 113
Has anyone had to replace those flimsy tubes Crossroads provides to extend/retract a slide using manual override. One of mine fell off, the other broke when I had to extend a slide by hand. I'm looking to replace them with something made of a heavier material (galvanized pipe perhaps) but haven't been able to find anything the same diameter. Any ideas, suggestions?

Dave, Aline & Jackson (Golden Retriever)

2007 Chev 2500 HD, D/A 4x4

2011 Cruiser CF30SK Provincial.
Rambleaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
Weekend Camper
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 29
We changed these out a couple weeks ago on my friends RV, tood the old tube to Home depot and found an aluminum pipt with approx the same inside diameter. these do not need to be exact sized as they are pinned together with a clip similiar to the spring clip that is on the bumper trailor hitch pins. We drilled holes and used the roll pins from the old rods. works great.
Sportsfan949 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.