Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
New Camper

Question Manuals for Equipment

Once again I post a question that I am sure I know the answer to. Is there a single location that one can go to that will have the manuals for the normal equipment that is installed in the 2013 Crossroads Rushmore Washington? I am trying to figure out how to make speakers work, where wiring might be, what options there are for upgrading the central a/C unit (since 100 degree days are approaching in Arizona) and where access panels are. I am trying to keep from unloading everything and crawling in under and around everything Crossroads. We bought it used and there were none of these items in or with it. I requested and got a manual from Crossroads but that only says Enjoy your unit.

John and Salena Fritz
SalenaJohnFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
Site Team

Start crawling. Not every rv is wired the same. Very few members have gotten a schematic of the wiring. Wiring is at the whim of the installer.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:54 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Start crawling. Not every rv is wired the same. Very few members have gotten a schematic of the wiring. Wiring is at the whim of the installer.
Mark5w is right. I called CR to try to get plumbing and wiring schematics and was told I couldn't get them as they were proprietary data.....I read that as we don't have any, as they have nothing to protect. They didn't invent or develop anything new when building these units.

Winnebago, on the other hand, posts all theirs on their website....go figure.

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

X2 Jerry,

Frustrating when they won't share, but than why would we the consumer need the dealer for repairs...

I think you and Mark hit the nail on the head. They build these and make changes to the designs to correct problems as the roll off the line, so documenting is the last thing they're doing.

In Crossroads defense, customer service over the past couple years has to the best of their ability help me troubleshoot a problem rather than drag it to the dealer.

John and Salena,

When I come up empty-handed with customer service, I look at the component (ie stereo) and either contact the mfg for the manual or look it up online.

The stereo wiring is marked pretty well from the factory when you unscrew and pull the unit out of the cabinet.

For the electrical panel and AC, I wouldnt trust a 3 year old schematic anyways Do you have a vent in the bedroom and if so, is there an outlet cover next to it?

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote