Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I have been shopping around for Maxxis load range E tires for my Crusier for a few months. Lately they have been hard to find and usually pretty expensive. I was quoted almost $ 800 out the door at my local Discount Tire store last November. Now they don't even carry them.

I recently found a pretty good deal at the link below. They were also backordered, but just got a new load. I ordered them a week ago Fridayand got them last Thursday. theywere $554 to my door. That included $15.50 per tire for their free replacement warranty. Free shipping. Manufactured the 10th week of 2011.

For those of you looking to replace your factory tires, this may help. Note this is Discount Tire Direct, Not Discount Tire Store.http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...S+Trailer+Tire

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Kurt, thanks for the info. I am within a few weeks of replacing my tires and was planning on going with the Maxxis. This will help.

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Glad it will help Patrick. If you've already decided on the Maxxis you may want to pull the trigger asap. When I was ready to buy a month ago, all of the lower cost dealers were backordered. There has been a big demand , I suppose because the Maxxis is the only 15 inchtire that been getting mostly good reviews on the RV forums. The folks with 16 wheels have a lot more choices, including several good quality LT tires.

As a side note, after I posted yesterday,I went back online to see if my local Discount Tire Store had also got a new load of Maxxis and they did. But now my out the door quote went from just under $800 last November to $902 including their lifetime replacement warranty. Sofor me these tires I just bought were really a good deal.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

A big "Thanks" to Mr. Obama for his oil drilling decisions (not to drill in the US) and the increase in costs.

When I purchased my truck tires 3 years ago I paid $158 tire installed for the set of 4. Now to replace them I'm being qoutedover $225 ea.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:44 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

The price of West Texas Intermediate Crude is WAY below the price of Brent Crude in Europe. The Europe price is what our gas prices are based on. Try blaming Exxon and Shell first instead of the government. Their disgustingly high profits in the face of the misery being suffered by many of our fellow Americans is shameful. When you have no limits on campaign contributions by big corporations this is the government we get. I'd thank the Supreme Court first for overturning campaign financing laws.

Just wait until we are paying $6 a gallon. You don't think Cairo could happen here?

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

I just priced 4 of the Maxxis on the Discount Tire Direct Web site at $566.00 delivered to my door. Still have to wait a couple of weeks. I would do it sooner but I need toreplace the leakinghydroboost uniton my truck next week.The local tire shop charged me $15/tire a couple of years ago to put in new valve stems and balance my current tires so I should still be ahead of the $860 out the door thatDiscount quoted for the 4 tires installed at their closest store. Edited by: shoetravel

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote