Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2017, 05:12 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Mounting TV in Entertainment

Sorry if this has been beaten to death. But, I have a new Crossroads Rezerve 27bh and I have been struggling trying to find out details on where to mount a tv. The entertainment center has a sticker stating "mount tv here", but there is no backing behind the thin board. I have tested with stud finder, drilled small pilot holes in different areas. There is nothing back there. I have called crossroads and they all guaranteed me that the board would be there ( everyone I talked to told me something different). Anyone had an issues like this? Thanks in advance!
Ashevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

In their haste to hurry and get the trailer built and out the door ....they probably forgot to put the backer board in.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I wanted to mount tv in bedroom, and had the same problem. Wired for tv, but no backing. I sanded and stained a 1" x 8" and secured it to wall, then mounted hanging bracket on 1 by. Has worked perfect.
2011 27' RLX
gregtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:52 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtx View Post
I wanted to mount tv in bedroom, and had the same problem. Wired for tv, but no backing. I sanded and stained a 1" x 8" and secured it to wall, then mounted hanging bracket on 1 by. Has worked perfect.
X2!That's what we did at home, too, when our desired location was between studs. Plus, in this case, it will cover up the exploratory drill holes.
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:17 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

My Cruiser didn't have a back plate either, but I was able to find a horizontal stud and mount it there. Small TV in the bedroom. You are going to have to get creative. Maybe mount a piece of plywood painted black that you can screw into studs, then paint it black and finish it off like a picture frame?

Whatever you do, DO NOT use the screws that come with the TV mounting bracket. They are made for house walls. Get shorter screws. Use a window to make sure they are short enough. I think my bracket came with 2 inch screws which would have gone right through to the outside.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:38 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRN View Post
Whatever you do, DO NOT use the screws that come with the TV mounting bracket. They are made for house walls. Get shorter screws. Use a window to make sure they are short enough. I think my bracket came with 2 inch screws which would have gone right through to the outside.
You can also open the water heater cover and measure thickness of outer wall to make sure your screws will not poke thru tho outer shell of trailer.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, mounting tv, television