Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have recently bought a 2012 32QB Zinger Travel Trailer. After camping this weekend, I realize that the camper moves alot when set-up. I can feel when my son was moving in his bunk. It was so bad at one point; my wife was getting sick from the movement. Are there any opinions to help stop the movement? I don’t remember the trailer moving this much when we were looking at it.
swampi28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #2
Site Team

If you invest in a set of stabilizers it will take out most all the movement. This is the one I installed, there are several more out there.
http://www.plugitright.com/Page3.html

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:16 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

The full size slideouts raise the height of many trailers, and that's definitely one of the problems I've heard about. It just seems even with the normal stabilizer jacks, when extended that far, they flex back and forth. You might want to try the X-chock type of jack between the wheels. I was also fortunate enough that my sister-in-law gave me a X-chock from her old travel trailer - it seems to make a difference.

Here's what I'm talking about.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...k-2-pack/49876

When looking for this, I also saw some bars that reach from the frame to the based of the jacks. Just another thought.

2011 Sunset Trails 24RB

2012 Dodge RAM 1500 5.7Hemi
epjohnso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:07 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Given the size of your unit, I assume you leave it somewhere most of the time. When in our "season" spot, we put cinder blocks under the stabilizers. By not extending them as far, they seem to do a better job "stabilizing".
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked into the X-Chocks. But not sure of they will reach with the secure stance axles on these trailers. I don't leave my trailer at sites. We tow it everywhere we go.
swampi28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

They do make those chocks for that stance. I also carry jack stands that I place under the stabilizer was told and it seems to be true the less that you have to extend the the less movement

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

The X-chocks work for the Secure Stance dual axles - that's what I have on my trailer 24RB and I use one of the X-chocks.

2011 Sunset Trails 24RB

2012 Dodge RAM 1500 5.7Hemi
epjohnso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

We have 4x6's cut into 10" long pieces. We stack 2 under each corner stabilizer jack. DH runs the stab jacks down tight using a drill/socket combo (of course after having already leveled the TT side to side under the wheels first). We usually don't get much movement if we get the stab jacks tight enough. This past weekend, even with the stab jacks really tight, the trailer had a lot of flex with even slight movement. This is first time camping after installing the new electric tongue jack and I was afraid it was related to that.

They do make an extra wide x chock for the wider stance trailers. Measure the distance between tires so you can get the right size. We haven't gotten these yet but may go to them soon.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:43 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

I use 2x8's that are 18" long under each of the stabilizers, but something I have found is that I can level my unit "perfectly" and once I put out that huge slide I am no longer "perfectly" level any longer. I have a 9 foot couch, a pantry and my 8.3 reefer on the slide so I believe it does move once it is extended. What I have learned to do is leave it slightly higher (an inch or so) on the slide side and then put the stabilizers down as much as I can and then extend the slides and I do end up level. I am a novice and by no means an expert but I think the less you have to crank the front end down or the stabilizers down, the less the movement you will have. So, Anaro's idea of 2 4x6's is probably right on. I will consider getting a few more 2x8's so I don't have to extend the front or the sides down that far. In physical terms it seems to make sense that the higher off the ground the jacks are the less the movement should be. I will give that a try next time out we shall see. I'll keep you posted on this.

Jimk

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Has anyone popped their tire off the bead using the x chocks. A friend of mine had this happen recently and we attributed this to the x chocks. Maybe had to much pressure.
Badwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator447

I use 2x8's that are 18" long under each of the stabilizers, but something I have found is that I can level my unit "perfectly" and once I put out that huge slide I am no longer "perfectly" level any longer. I have a 9 foot couch, a pantry and my 8.3 reefer on the slide so I believe it does move once it is extended. What I have learned to do is leave it slightly higher (an inch or so) on the slide side and then put the stabilizers down as much as I can and then extend the slides and I do end up level. I am a novice and by no means an expert but I think the less you have to crank the front end down or the stabilizers down, the less the movement you will have. So, Anaro's idea of 2 4x6's is probably right on. I will consider getting a few more 2x8's so I don't have to extend the front or the sides down that far. In physical terms it seems to make sense that the higher off the ground the jacks are the less the movement should be. I will give that a try next time out we shall see. I'll keep you posted on this.

Jimk

we have learned to adjust our level in advance for the slide. On our level, the slide will drop that side of the TT about a half bubble so we always leave that side a half bubble high before the slide is out. Works like a charm. Once you find how far on your level the slide knocks you off, you can adjust accordingly.As I understand it, using stab jacks to help level you can actually twist your trailer frame.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote