Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello all...

Our family has recently decided to set our Zinger at a campground in WI and become seasonals. We're looking to build an attached porch to our Zinger but need suggestions from people who might have a little experience in this area. We know what we want but are unsure on how to attach or not attach the room addition to the camper. Any help in this area would be appreciated on the steps we should take to get it started.

Thanks
Jim & Kim

Torrie & Tyler

tntmajeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I would build close to the side but I sure wouldn't attach it to the side, the sides are not that strong to begin with and I think you would be asking for leaks, before you use wood look at a product called timber-tech, no staining, and always looks good, friends of ours have a permanent and it's twice the size of the awning, so when the awning is open you have half under roof, and half open......

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Not attached.. We love a nice big porch 10 or 12 foot x 30... With the awning out. I get my shade. And my wife can still sit in the sun in the front.

In the fall we pull out and store the camper and then maintenance the porch and driveway. In the spring, We just back in and enjoy. The shed is a must. Extra Freezer/fridge and lawnmore storage, STUFF.. And Also a must is the GOLF CART.. Didn't think we would use the cart that much but bought one anyways. Love the thing now..

I see ad-a-rooms being built all the time. But i think that takes away from the camping part and would feel like being in a trailer park instead. All depends on what you looking for.

This picture we just finished backing in. Early Spring. Wife grabbed this picture mostly for her flower beds. So she can email herself so she remembers to pick up some flowers and mulch.. lol.

Edited by: danskool

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

danskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #4
New Camper

Thank you both!! You've given us some ideas to think about and we really appreciate it! We'll be heading up again in a couple weeks and talk to some of the locals and see how they did things. They're currently are a couple under construction right now so we took pictures to see what they did...lol

Thanks again!!
Kimberlie

Torrie & Tyler

Old 07-18-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
New Camper

Our Sunset Trail is permanently parked at Lake Sinclair in Georgia. We added a covered deck, but did not attach it. Never know when you will need to move it. We cut out a slot in the deck to allow the steps to fold down even with the deck. I can't figure out how to post pictures, but I will gladly send them to you if you give me your email or maybe someone can help this computer challenged person post them.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
New Camper

Steve... I sent you my email by pm a couple days ago. Let me know if you didn't receive it.
Thanks,
Kimberlie

Torrie & Tyler

Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Another vote for not attaching it; for all the same reasons!
lynlou14760 is offline   Reply With Quote