Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
New Camper

Need Wiring Schematic 2005 Cruiser 27RL

I have a Gremlin that shuts off my 12 Volt system to both the slide and the water pump whenever I use either for a little time. It comes back on after about 2 minutes each time. Somehow it gets both systems but not the ceiling lights. When I run out or in the slide I get about 3/4th the way in and then it is dead for about 2 minutes. Samething happens in the middle of a shower with the pump. The little light on the pump switch is out when that happens. Both systems are affected no matter which one I am using. Is there a relay that is getting hot? If so where? The fuse looks good. All ideas welcome And if anyone has a wiring schematic please let me know.

Thank you.
Wolfman Jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
Site Team

Have you check your battery connections, plus the wires where they connect to the converter to make sure everything is clean and tight?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:59 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Sounds like a circuit breaker is tripping then resetting after it cools down. My cruiser has two 12v circuit breakers mounted on the front frame inside the "A" frame. I'm not sure what they control but that would be a place to start if you have them. I would disconnect them to see if they control the circuits that are giving problems.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

There are self resetting breakers that activate if being overloaded, or they could be old or corroded. they are bolted on the trailer frame. one is usually very close to the battery before the wires enter the trailer frame and others are under slideouts for each slide

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #5
New Camper

Thanks everybody. I'm sure that you are correct and I will look closely at the circuit breaker located by the battery. I did not know that it even existed. Boy these forums are great!!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #6
New Camper

Only question is why are the ceiling lights staying lit when the circuit breaker trips?
Old 03-26-2014, 04:40 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

The ceiling lights are on a fused circuit not the circuit breaker circuit. The circuit breakers are for a larger load
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #8
New Camper

Problem fixed. Thanks to all. Your the greatest!
Note the new pic of my wolf. (Taken with her upside-down to give her the funny face)
Old 03-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman Jacques View Post
Problem fixed. Thanks to all. Your the greatest!
Note the new pic of my wolf. (Taken with her upside-down to give her the funny face)

What did you find?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
New Camper

Two resetting circuit breakers housed on the wall behind the battery. Difficult to see until you remove the battery and plastic box that houses the battery. One of the wires on one circuit breaker was loose and arcing. Tightened it up and everything works as it should. I would never have found those breakers without help.