Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2024, 07:05 AM   #1
New Camper

New owner questions

I'm a new owner of a 2017 zinger 328sb. I've never had to take care of an rv on my own before so I have a few random questions.

1. Why isn't my manual online. I can find every other year but mine.

2. Where is my water filter? The water coming out of my kitchen faucet is a very small stream when I have high pressure in the bathroom.

3. I had to take the closers off my outdoor kitchen because it won't close when they are attached.

4. My grey and black tank sensors are showing full.

5. Any general advice, tips, tricks or hacks you want to share will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tina
txtina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 01:30 PM   #2
Site Team

There is no specific manual for Crossroads. There is a generic manual in our Document section.

Not every Rv has a water filter. Check the screen in your faucet.

Not sure about your outdoor kitchen door.

Use the Geo method to clean your tanks. Sensors are unreliable at times.

Geo Method is in our Document sections under Systems.

Look at your appliance manuals for help or Google the appliance name and model for help/

Our Document sections has a lot of info for you.

Good luck.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 05:05 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

1. Why isn't my manual online. I can find every other year but mine.
ANS(?) Look on your unit for the date of manufacture as it may be different from your date for registration. I have a 2014 Sunset Trail Reserve but date of manf. is 2013 and I have to look for parts for that year. If you have found a manual for your trailer +- the year of manufacture that may be the best you can do.

2. Where is my water filter? The water coming out of my kitchen faucet is a very small stream when I have high pressure in the bathroom.
ANS(?) Mark had the answer there. Not all trailers come with a water filter. These are add on, mostly, by the owner. If yours has one you will have to check all the compartments that have a water line running through them to see if there is one there. If you have one it will be between your holding tank/city water and your first tap in the water line run.

3. I had to take the closers off my outdoor kitchen because it won't close when they are attached.
ANS(?) Not sure what the closers are. There are usually two hydraulic shock absorbers that hold the door open when using the kitchen. Those can be replaced if they no longer work. The only other part, which is what you may be talking about, are the two thumb turn toggles that are on either side of the door at the bottom (the lock is in the middle). If these do not open or close properly you will have to inspect them to see if they are installed correctly. The little arm that catches on the inside could be bent and not aligned with the slot in the door frame. You should be able to take them out and bend them back in position or check out your local RV dealer for new ones.

4. My grey and black tank sensors are showing full.
ANS(?) Mark had the answer. The sensor tip has contaminated substance on it which tells the sensor the tank is full when actually it could be empty. A thorough cleaning should work.

5. Any general advice, tips, tricks or hacks you want to share will be greatly appreciated.
ANS(?) Everything on this Forum is all of the above so it would be too much to list here. Just search for anything that comes to mind of the Forum and there should be something there. Otherwise just post it and someone will chime in.

ANS(?) means just my thoughts on the subject so don't put too much money in it.