Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2023, 07:02 PM   #1
New Camper

New RV - Dual Black and Grey Tanks??

Howdy all,

Bought a new 2023 Sunset Trail 253rb. Just went on our first trip and getting to know it. Love (almost) everything about it so far.

The monitor panels shows 1 fresh, 2 black and 2 grey. I am assuming its a generic panel used for many models that may have dual black/grey. I don't see anywhere in the manual that this model had a dual tank option, and I can't find any secondary valves for the tanks. (It would be hard to miss anything since its a 4 season model, and underbelly to sealed tight.)

No kitchen island, just a kitchen sink, but it does have an outdoor kitchen.

Specs say 45g fresh, 30 black and 30 grey. On this trip it showed we got to full on the grey, and the "2nd grey phantom tank" still showed empty.

Am I correct that this is just a generic panel? Or should I keep looking for the second tanks?

Thanks!
Tim
tstarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 10:21 AM   #2
Site Team

I would tend to agree. Most waste holding tanks are 30 - 40 gallons, so I would think you only have one of each. Now that second bathrooms are becoming popular, panels are popping up with 2 black and 2 gray tanks. Sunset Trail may be standardizing on a single panel regardless of the number of tanks. My younger son's Wildwood has 2 black tanks and 3 gray tanks.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
second tank