Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I just replace all four of my original tires. I had a blow out on one outside of Victoria, TX. I took the tire to Discount Tire and they verified that the cause was tread separation. Crossroads has once again stepped up to the plate and is replacing the tire and damaged metal. I am still under warranty.

I was doing about 60 MPH when it happened so damage was minimal. Just to note the RV is not over weight and I check air pressure before each trip. The tires have 12,281 miles on them.

It was my decision to replace all four with Goodyear Wrangler HT's aswe are heading west next month and I wanted the peace of mind. My Crossroads warranty will expire on June.

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

https://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...30slbucket.jpg
dja29RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:11 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Peace of mind is always worth the the cost. There has been much talk on this forum in regards to tires and the problems they cause. I am happy that CR took care of everything and that is why many of us would look at CR in a new unit at some time in the future. Look around the forum about the TPMS that is the icing on the peace of mind cake.
safe travels

Old 04-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Jersey Guy
I just took the 15" Mission load range "D" tires off my 32BL and replaced them with 16" aluminum wheels and 16" Good Year Marathon, load range "E" tires. Unfortunatley the Good Years were made in China too!! But, I will have a better peace of mind with the larger tires and higher load range even though I will not be adding extra weight to trailer. Edited by: Jersey Guy

2008 CF32BL
Jersey Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja29RK
I just replace all four of my original tires. I had a blow out on one outside of Victoria, TX. I took the tire to Discount Tire and they verified that the cause was tread separation. Crossroads has once again stepped up to the plate and is replacing the tire and damaged metal. I am still under warranty.

I was doing about 60 MPH when it happened so damage was minimal. Just to note the RV is not over weight and I check air pressure before each trip. The tires have 12,281 miles on them.

It was my decision to replace all four with Goodyear Wrangler HT's aswe are heading west next month and I wanted the peace of mind. My Crossroads warranty will expire on June.

Dennis, Does your Cruiser have 16" wheels? I didn't see any 15" wrangler H/T's that were load rated high enough for the 30 SK. Mine has 15" wheels with D load rated Missions. I am looking at replacing with E rated Maxxis. Couldn't find any E rated LT type tires for 15" wheels.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

[/QUOTE]

Dennis, Does your Cruiser have 16" wheels? I didn't see any 15" wrangler H/T's that were load rated high enough for the 30 SK. Mine has 15" wheels with D load rated Missions. I am looking at replacing with E rated Maxxis. Couldn't find any E rated LT type tires for 15" wheels.[/QUOTE]

I have the Patriot it comes with 16" wheels.

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

https://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...30slbucket.jpg
dja29RK is offline   Reply With Quote