Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

what happened to Kevin's post about the management team? Withdrawn or did CR remove it?

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

It was my post and I withdrew it. I figured I have posted that information before about who is running Crossroads now and what they did to the last company they ran so why beat a dead horse. And it appears they are on the same business path with Crossroads.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

It was the perfect observation for this thread. I just wanted to know how heavily this would be modded, if at all.

I'm not sure if this is a Thor business model, but it appears the plan is to acquire a successful company, milk it for cash and then dispose of it. If so, they're pretty successful at implementing that plan.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 09-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

My observations are based on what I saw this CEO and management team do to the last successful company they ran.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #25
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Shortly after buying my 2012 RE my brother in law bought a 2012 KZ. My trailer has been in the dealership for over two months since I purchased it. I am very careful and take VERY good care of everything I own, in fact I am picky.

My brother in law is a walking ,breathing ,one man demolition derby ! He tears anything and everything up.
His KZ has not been back to the dealership ONCE!
And there is nothing wrong with it. He keeps asking why mine has all these problems, man that's tough coming from your bro. Inlaw. Lol

Crossroads quality don't match the KZ at least mine don't match his. I've looked closely at his, of course I've never told him this. LOL

You can bet mine will be gone before the two years is up.

I have stated before, and will say it again the new website SUCKS !

I know I'm kinda negative, all this has made me kinda grouchy.

I'm sure one of the crossroads cheerleaders will be along shortly to give us a lil pep rally.

Paul
Old 09-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #26
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnr
You can bet mine will be gone before the two years is up.

Ihave stated before, and will say it again the new website SUCKS !

Iknow I'm kinda negative, all this has made me kinda grouchy.

I'm sure one of the crossroads cheerleaders will be along shortly to give us a lil pep rally.

Paul
A few months ago, the 'lil pep rally'may very well have been me. But as most on the forum mayknow, I picked up a LEMON of an RV, one of those "in the shop, more than on the road" Lemons. I too did a LOT of research and always came back to CR, wish I had done MORE research now! I loved the fact that they offered the 2yr warranty. Up to this point CR has been a very good company to deal with, one of the best. Am currently camped outside a Camping World awaiting warranty work, which I am confident will be done satisfactorly, to include a pressure test to find out why the Closet smells heavily of mildew, (suspect there must be a leak somewere behind the front cap), if you could see the 'punch list(S) I have since purchasing ............ Wonder where I'll be at the end of the two years?(APR 2013) Cannot afford to trade at this point, otherwise ....

Travel Well / Travel Safe...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Old 09-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #27
Full Time Camper

What I am reading from CR is nothing but mumbo jumbo. Perhaps they have listened to too many political ads this year? They sound like politicians!

I am in total agreement with Keith. Is this a Thor or Bain Capital company? The path CR and its management are on seem to be take out what we can and leave the rest to bankruptcy court and auctions.

Our Cruiser, made in 2009, has been good. We have had some issues but we do use it, a lot as can be seen in our signature line. I have been an outspoken supporter of CR but would not be quick to offer a recommendation now. Maybe if I had a 2013 model I could speak with more authority. You also have to consider that far more people come on line to be critical than to praise. In this day when companies tout longer warranties, i.e., Hyundai, Kia and the other automakers, CR cuts theirs by 50%! So, you get to take it back after six months? Some people on here claim theirs would already be in the shop for months by that time. What about the 5 year structure warranty? That appears to be history as well.

Anyone else remember a time when CR came on here to respond to a posting? Have we hit a nerve? Perhaps instead of hitting a nerve management should listen to us.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
Old 09-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

Ruck, I will put our LEMON up against yours any day of the week (ask those on here who know us about our issues). A suggestion since we have been down the same path you are on would be to get yourself a good after market extended warranty. We cannot keep our trailer out of the shop long enough to think about trying to sell it. We take a trip and it goes back to the shop for more repairs. The Cruiser we owned before this one was a great unit while we had it and that topped with the old Crossroads reputation is the reason we bought the PP. Trust me if your trailer is this bad now it is NOT going to get any better after your 2 year warranty is up.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #29
Weekend Camper

I wonder how far up the "ivory tower" this decision came? This is our 2nd Crossroads 5th wheel and the 2 yr warranty was amajor factor in going back to Crossroads. After the floorplan , the service provided by Randy and his team (with the 2yr warranty) weighed heavily on our choice. We sent corporate a letter stating this fact. I'm sure if the brains ofthe operationwere toconducted a survey of the top 5 reasons for purchasing a Crossroads the 2yr warranty would be at or near the top. An increase of approx 35%(a number given to us at the rally)in sales makes the mind due funny things. Bigger is not alwasys better! Sure hope they reconsider . I do think our 05 was better built but time will tell.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:40 AM   #30
Full Time Camper

Thanks Keith, am looking into that now, (extended warranty), I know how you feel, believe me, aboutbeing "in the shop." Good luck to you!

Travel Well / Travel Safe

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Old 09-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #31
Full Time Camper

My question is: Who or what is the CrossRoads RV Admin Group? Why don't they just identify themselves and give us some concrete evidence that CrossRoads is indeed listening to it's customer base instead of spouting some nonsense about free 6 month checkups. Perhaps the CEO of CrossRoads should do as the CEO of Camping World did and allow owners to address him directly and he give feedback to the customer base as to why all of the changes are being made and what, if anything, that CrossRoads is doing to improve the quality of the units that are coming off of the production line. If the units were built the way they were post current management there wouldn't be any need to reduce the warranty time and owners would not be having to take their units back to the dealers or to the CrossRoads Customer Care Center for repairs. I am one of those who has made the trip to Topeka for repairs to our unit. If the unit had been checked before it ever left the production line that trip would have been unnecessary. If things continue as they are I think that instead of building a new plant CrossRoads will be shutting the doors and auctioning off the company in the near future. After buying 2 units I can tell you this will be my last CrossRoads product unless some drastic changes are made to improve the quality.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
Old 09-26-2012, 03:59 AM   #32
Full Time Camper

Just finished reading the Trailer Life October issue. It contained a cover story on the Sunset Trail Reserve TT. The article included info that the basic warranty was 24 months. Apparently this magazine went to press before Crossroads announced the reduction in all warranties from 24 months to 12 months. Must have been a quick decision.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 09-26-2012, 04:59 AM   #33
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroadsrv

CrossRoads Marketing here - as always, we very much appreciate your feedback!

While the prior warranty was longer, we felt it left significant gaps in coverage. Some of the main improvements are the ability to bring your unit in (free) for a 6 month check-up, and our ability to service not just what we built but what our suppliers provide so you have more seamless coverage. Our entire team truly believes this new 12-point promise is the best thing we can offer our customers.

Thank you for being a CrossRoads owner. We appreciate all your support and feedback.

Does the free checkup include fuel costs?? If not, then this is of little value to customers that are more than a few hundred miles from the factory. Does it include free lodging if the checkup finds problems that can't be fixed in a single day??

The team may believe a 12 month warranty plus 12-point promise is better than the old warranty, but most of us believe the old 24 month warranty was better. Someone mentioned the impact of a short camping season wasting much of a 12 month warranty. Well, many quality issues take longer than 12 months to become apparent. Bought my Cruiser in March, 2011 and it had a front cap leak. But that leak could have easily gone undetected under a 12 month warranty. Since I keep it under an RVport and we are in a drought, the probability of it being in the rain was near zero. But when our house and RVport burned down and the Cruiser sat outside for 3-1/2 months, that is when we discovered the leak.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #34
Full Time Camper

I certainly hope that CR takes the comments and issues presented here very seriously. This was ourfirstfifthwheel purchase. CR305 Patriot, August 2010. I did extensive research. This forumprovideda wealth of information and the general tenor was a group of mostly satisfied and enthusiastic owners. 2yearwarranty, welded and boltedgorillaframe plywood decking and nice finishes interior and exterior. These were motivators in our decision to purchase a Crossroads product.
I personally experienced asimilarexperience in myprofessionallife. A very successful family operation, profitable, and customer oriented.was purchased by a large corporation. All management was replaced within 3-6 months. After two years they have damaged their reputation that was built over a 28 year period. They are no longer leaders in the industry and have offered the company for sale.
Most of thecommentershere are not justangryposters they are the bread and butter guys who post regularly and in the post have mostly boasted about CR. The standards and quality set by CR in the past were what made it a great product.

++++++++++++++++++++
</span>--

-
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
Old 09-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #35
Full Time Camper

We bought our Zinger based largely upon the positive comments on these forums (and some other forums like rv.net) We too saw many happy owners, lots of stories of customer service that went above and beyond and then there was that 2 yr warranty. Only a few companies offered the 2 yr warranty at the time. More seem to have developed that 2 yr warranty since. I do not think I would replace my TT with anything that did not have a 2 yr warranty. This would rule another crossroads out for me and we love our zinger.I am one of those crossroads cheerleaders but it is really hard to cheer for a team that islosing and appears to be deaf to the cheers of the crowd. Definitely something for crossroads to think about.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
Old 09-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #36
Weekend Camper

Very concerning stuff. I bought my sunset trail because of the two year warranty. I do know this. That when I worked with GMhere in Canada they changedtheir brake warranty on every vehicle. Customers went nuts and yes it became a legal mess. The arguement was that they bought a vehicle under the assumption that they had a 2 year 24000 km warranty on their brakes. It was an advertised feature and even though there were disclaimers saying that GM could change anything without notice, they still lost every legal battle that people launched against them. ( At least at our Dealership ) So in the end the only thing they accomplished was not saving money by cutting warranties but loosing customers instead.

We literally had people come back to the dealership and say look out the door at my new Ford. I have owned two crossroads products and since the purchase of my st31bh in June it is now at the dealer for the 11th time for issues. The latest issue is a roof leak.

I feel bad for Crossroads. The product is crap yes, but it has so much potential.It is a very attractive feature rich product.If they could get their Quality Control under wraps they could really have something special.

Instead of trying to go the right direction and improve the product,this latest Money saving sham will probably burry the company as it will piss off the exsisting customers and now become a less attractive product for future buyers. When people buy something today they want warranty. That is what made both Hyundai and Kia so successfull over the past few years.

I know I have talked at least 10 - 12 friends out of buying a crossraods product and I am sure many others have done the same. Even when my trailer is not broken and I am camping, because it is such an eye catching product I get people walking by our camp site asking about the trailer and I would love to tell them it is a great product but I can't. I tell them it is very eye pleasing and full of features but it has spent more time at the dealer then in my yard.

In the meantime the only thing I can say positive about Crossroads is that when I had an issue they were very helpfull and the service was first class but once the warranty is off I am going to be left with a money pit and there is nothing that I can do about it.

So I guess on paper they will save millions in warranty claims but I wonder at what cost ??

Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #37
Full Time Camper

Well said Stokesj. When we looked at buying a new car a few years ago we only looked at those with the 10 year power train warranties. You have to figure that a company that offers a long warranty is pretty confident of their product. You also have to wonder how much confidence a company has in their product when they cut their warranty in half. Just saying?????
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 09-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #38
Full Time Camper

As stokesj pointed out, happy people will tell a few people to buy a product, unhappy campers tend to tell at least 7-10 people how bad it is. Crossroads needs to realize this and get it together.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
Old 09-27-2012, 02:22 AM   #39
Weekend Camper

The new 12 Point Promise was designed with our customers and dealers in mind.

#1 - CrossRoads Direct. Which means we administer the warranty in-house. In the past, our vendors administered our warranty and we had no control over the process. Thisgives us the control. This will decrease the time it takes to get the customer up and running again and it will allow us to deal with the manufacturer instead of our dealers. Its a win for everyone.

#2 - Quick Assist. Each CrossRoads product comes standard with two hours of Quick Assist time. This allows a dealer to work on an issue without any prior approvals. If you come in and need something fixed, the dealer can fix it, get you back on the road and deal with the claim at a later time. Its a win for the dealer and customer

#3 - 24 Hour Factory Support. We've increased the staff in our Service Department and extended the hours to 24 for better customer service and quicker response times for our dealers questions. All done to help get our customers issues addressed and solved so you can enjoy your camping time.

#4 - 1 Hour Work Authorizations. With the increase in staff we are able to respond quicker to our dealerbase which means customersissues get solved quicker. Dealers love this because a lot of the time they can get started on an issue right away but are forced to wait for an authorization before doing the work. With 1 Hour Authorizations - they win and our customers win.

#5 - Emergency Parts List. This is a" hot list " of parts that can keep a coach from going down the road.We haveidentified these parts for eachbrand for our dealers. This way they canchoose to stock them in their parts department so if there is an issue - they will have the part and can get the customer back on the roadas quickly as possible. Again, everyone wins when dealers have the parts and can fix issuesquickly.

#6 - Dealer Stock ( Our Claim, Their Part ) - Too many times a dealer has the part on the shelf but can'tuse the part because this is the way the RV industry has alwasy worked. Now becasue we are trying tochange the old school ways of thisindustry - we are allowing the dealer to submit theclaim and use theirown parts tofix the issue. Thisis a huge benefit to the dealer andis a key component of getting the retail customer back on the roadas quickly as possible.

#7 - Dedicated Supplier Reps. We've partnered with some of the largest suppliers in the industry and have worked out programs that allow us to have a dedicated rep for CrossRoads only. Thisallows usquicker access to their information and gives ussomeone on the " inside " thatknows our business and what we need tofully support our dealers and customers.

#8 - NGV Ownership Delivery Process.The bottom line is wecare. We've taken years of data from our customer service department and figued out that most of the callswe receieve are because the retail customer didn't getthe propertraining on the basics before they left the dealership. The new DSC or Dealer Service Crew will be working with all of our dealerto ensure that CrossRoads customers are trained on how to properly maintain thiernew coach before they leave the dealership. Educated ownerstend to be happier owners. Happy owners are a good thing for both the dealer and us.

#9 -NGV Owners Care Kit.Generated by the retail warranty registrationturned inby your dealer - CrossRoads sends out an Owners Kit to helpour customers properly maintain their new purchase. This is extremely important- if you buy a brand new boat anddon't wax it andthe gel coat fades. Guess who's responsible?Theowner.Its the same with RV's and we want to make sure we educate the customer on these points, show them how to properly check them, and give them the tools to take care of thesethings. This isn'tfluffy crap - these are the basics and we feel thisis a valuable service that to date, no othertowable manufacturer provides.

#10 - Six Month Ownership Satisfaction Certificate.Oncea customer receives the OwnersKitthey will notice among other things, a Certificate for a six month check-up on CrossRoads dime. This does two things - getscustomers thinking abouttheir coaches and helps create a bond between retail owner and the selling dealer. When Customer and Dealer work well together it makes for a muchhappier ownership expereince and this is what we hope tohelp createwith this certificate. Plus we want to catchlittle things before they turn into potentially big things. Again, helping the customer have thebest ownership experience as possible.

#11 - Show Room Ready Inventory. This is another service ourDSC will preform at the dealership level. How many times have you been ona lot and have seen a product that was less than perfect. For whatever reason?We believe you only have ONE CHANCE to make a GREATFIRST IMPRESSION. The DSC will help make sure our dealers inventory islooking its best.

#12 - Coach-Net 24 Hour Roadside Assistance. Each CrossRoads coach comes with one year of Coach-Net service forno additional charge. We've partnered with a great company to provide" piece of mind " whileour customers are on theroad.

Edited by: tmontague
Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #40
New Camper

I am a little confused. I just bought a Cruiser back in July. Do I still have a two year warranty or not?

2012 335SS
Closed Thread