Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #101
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Tomorrows another day Tom, family is always first.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #102
Weekend Camper

Tom, so sorry i hope all gose well with aquick recovery.

thanks steve
Old 09-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #103
Full Time Camper

Tom Family first. Your daughters quick recovery is what is important at this time. Best of good fortune on that.
Al
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
Old 09-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #104
Full Time Camper

Thank for sharing about your daughter. Absolutely, family first! Hoping she heals completely with minimal scarring. Wishing you and your family peace.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 09-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #105
Full Time Camper

There is nothing more important than family. Take care of you daughter.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #106
Full Time Camper

Tom- sorry to hear about your daughter. We are wishing her a speedy recovery. Take care of your daughter. We aren't going anywhere anytime soon, come back after you have attended to her. In the meantime, I will be going camping and then into the dealership with what may be a leak. This is in my 2nd year of warranty and I am hoping all is covered. We found mold in the TT yesterday and are trying desperately to find the cause. Hopefully CW can find it after we get it in to them.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
Old 09-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #107
Weekend Camper

I dont know if I am buying that this is all an effort to provice better and faster service. I emailed CR's Andi Miles in mid July about the cost of repair parts after experiencing a blowout on my Seville 36SB. After a follow up on 7 Aug she informed me that I needed to contact warranty division but that she had forwarded my request to Steve Duffy on 19 July. I alsoemailed CR's warranty and cc'd Mr Duffy at that time.

On 15 Sept I received an email from Mr Duffy asking for what prices I was inquiring about (all info, including pictures were in original email). I repeated my request and on 20 Sept he responded with the appropriate part numbers and wanted to know where he was shipping the parts to, but not the price I requested. I responded that I wanted the price for insurance considerationand would be in contact when I got home from my 3 month trip to order the parts for my repair.

It is now 30 Sept and I still do not know the prices as there has been no response from Mr Duffy. Thanks goodness the process has been improved or this could take several months just to get a price quote. A quote I needed in July to determine if I was going to file an insurance claim on my $1K deductable policy.

Considering all the issues I have had with my Seville and the change in warranty, I seriously doubt there will be another CR in my future.

Sorry for the long post but after reading all this malarky, just couldnt help myself.

Crossroads has restored my faith. After making contact again, I found that my contact Steve was no longer in the department and apparently didn't turn over pending correspondence. Whatever the reason, CR's has my parts on the way. Thanks a million to Ashley S and Bill H.Edited by: GaPete

2011 Seville VF36SB

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...mi/Seville.jpg
Old 09-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #108
Weekend Camper

Since I've never bought a new RV, I don't know what it's like to have a warranty!

(We currently own a 2004 Cruiser 28RL. There are some things in it that make me shake my head. But overall I think it is a well-built unit.)

Honestly, even if I was buying new, warranty is a minor thing to me. It's like the current Honda commercial running where the car shoppers ask the "other brand" saleslady if her brand is as reliable as a Honda. She says it has a longer warranty, and you can rely on the warranty, so it's rely---able.

It's the same thing here. Make the trailers with good engineering and QC, but a one year warranty, and the world will beat a path to your door. Make a shoddy product with a two year warranty, and people will not be back.

A lot of posters don't seem to realize that the 12 point thing does not involve taking your trailer back to the factory. The dealer is who you'd be dealing with. And that is the real problem with any plan. RV dealers are a mixed bag at best. Compare your typical RV dealer service department experience with taking your Ford or Honda to a Ford or Honda dealer. RV dealers are not franchisees and they are used to doing or not doing things pretty much however they think is in their best interests. Not that they are crooks, just that they are independent and don't have to toe the line of the manufacturers in the way a car dealer does.

I can see where the new plan is trying to make things easier for the dealer to do what the customer wants. That's a good carrot for the dealers. I hope you back it up with a big stick.

One of my pet peeves is that owners should be shown how to maintain the exterior of their RVs. Inspecting the Dicor roof sealant, seams, all that stuff. I hope that is part of what you are doing in that one point.

2004 Chevy Duramax CC SB

Honda eu2000i
Old 09-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #109
Weekend Camper

Oh, and how about discontinuing the crappy Chinese tires? That's worth more to me than an extra year of warranty.

And install converters with modern 14.4/13.8/13.2 volt smart charging? Maybe you have switched to those already, I don't know. But I've had three RVs and have had to upgrade the converters on all three, just to have something that would charge the batteries quickly but not boil them dry.

2004 Chevy Duramax CC SB

Honda eu2000i
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 AM   #110
Full Time Camper

Tom:

Just want to pass on a positive post and I hope you pass onto the your employee. I have a 2009 CF32BL that we bought used in February of this year and we love the floor plan. During one of our trips the people we were traveling with noticed the front of the roof had a big bubble in it, so big you couldn't seen the front vent cover. I called Crossroads and spoke to Mark Quinn. He said to bring it into the factory and it would be fixed free of charge, however living about 4 hours away and with you guys being busy it was going to be fixed til the end of October. I took it to a local RV shop Pontiac RV, by the way is great dealership with great service. I called Mark back and told him that when they pealed the roof back their was no sealant that was applied on the roof to hold down the rubber roofing. Mark said to send the bill and they would pay for half the bill. I forgot to mention this was my second dealership to take the camper to because the first dealership didn't fix it right and the bubble came back.

Now about the warranty, getting rid of the 2 year for me isn't a deal breaker, what would lose my business is poor customer service and so far I have I had a good experience with Crossroads and have no reason to go elsewhere. Crossroads didn't have to do a thing with my roof problem with it being an 09 and they still took care of me and to me that means a lot. I would buy the brand new CF355BL tomorrow if I could, which why isn't this model on your website yet?

Please make sure to give Mark a pat on the back for me I'm sure he doesn't hear positive stories often.

Edited by: longhauler

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
Old 10-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #111
Full Time Camper

Tom, hope your daughter will heal quickly. My nephew had a similar experience when he was about seven. He had pins and recovered quickly. At eighteen he is going strong and played sports for many years without any effects of his broken elbow.

When you return we might appreciate you telling us what the two year warranty did NOT cover that this new, improved one year warranty does cover.I am not buying it so far so perhaps you can convince me.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
Old 10-01-2012, 03:34 AM   #112
Weekend Camper

Tom, family absolutely comes first. I hope your daughter has a speedy recover and you are able to spend some time with them. I am looking forward to the updates when you are back, though. Thanks for taking the time to address the questions and concerns on this forum.

Hensley, AR

'05 CF29RK,

'01 Ford F250 CrewCab
Old 10-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #113
Family Vacation Member

Yep and you are right, the good news stories were one of the reasons that I settled on a Crossroads Cruiserhowever as I see you didn't shell out over $50,000 of your hard earned dollars on a new RV.

When you buy used you are taking a chance and you buy it for considerably less than a new price as that is factored in.

Spending 50 grand or so makes you think about thingsa little different, I bought used for many years and then my last 3 trailers we bought new.

The warranty was a factor as I could have bought a slightly used for way less but wanted the piece of mind so each to his own in that regard.

I will say this, I've had more trouble with my new 2013 Cruiser in 4months of use than I did with the last 5 trailers I've had put together and that includes 3 used ones....

So lets look at this fromanother perspective, I've seen quite a bit of discussion around recent issues with crossroad products from the 2011 - 2013 models. Suddenly Crossroads decides that they are going to drop the 2 -5 warranty and go with a one year warranty........hmmmmm

Do you think that perhaps just maybe they have recognized some build issues as they have expanded and don't want to hold the company liable for repairs down the road ? Especially when the newer ones seem to be having many problems croppingup after many years of little or no issues.

I think it is great that they have stood behind their products ! I hope they continue to stand behind their products!

My gut says..............they have no intension of continuing to stand behind theirproducts or they woulddo all of the new things and just tack these improvements onto the old things and at the same time rise to the top of the RV Industry as the leaders.

They didn't do that but instead have removed the 2 - 5 warranty so I guess we will see.

I'm glad to find out my 2 -5 warranty continues, now I just hope they are around for the next5 years in case I have significant structural problems due to the water problems I've had with the slidesetc.

Would be nice to have the paint that is peeling off fixed in the interim but alas I'll likely cover that myself rather than having to send it back to the factoryon a two day road trip across the border. It's just too bad they didn't prep the plastic parts properly to begin with to accept the paint and maybe it wouldn't be falling off.... but hey it was only around a5000 dollar option so why complain.

Glad my dealershipstands behind the products they sell, that is all I'll say on the matter.

Hope your daughter is doing better Tom, that sounded like a horrible break.Hopefully the healing goes well...

Cheers

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
Old 10-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #114
Family Vacation Member

Tom, sorry to hear about your little girl and we hopeshe hasa full recovery! (I know it hurt you more than her to see it happen)

Speedster,

You make a good point. Why buy new if you can't get a good comprehensive 2 year warranty at the least.We were lucky and found little things in ours that I just fixed myself. Was not worth the gas and time to get it the dealer. (Example; Glass in the overhead cabinets (Glue released/melted and glass fell out) this was a product / design / installation flaw and happened in the second year. Luckily the glass did not break.

There is no way we could get enough use out of a rec vehicle to work out the bugs in one year. Our next purchase will be a toy hauler and it will come with a 2 year warranty or it will be 1-3 years used with a huge/big discount....

Old 10-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #115
Full Time Camper

Well the news is out about the "new" Crossroads warranty on one of the major RV forums and it appears a lot of non Crossroads owners feel like this has brought Crossroads down a level to just another RV manufacture. It is bad enough their own owners are telling them this is a bad move but now owners of other brands think it is a bad move. I said in an earlier post that word of mouth over the INTERNET would be a make or break for sales and it is not looking good so far.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #116
Full Time Camper

We need to give Tom time and an opportunity to respond.

On the surface it looks like a marketing nightmare in that how do you explain that 1 yr is better than 2yr/5yr? Even IF it proves better, it may be impossible to explain in terms I can understand.

BTW, was that on RV.net?

Edited by: papa2

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 10-02-2012, 02:37 AM   #117
Full Time Camper

Sorry Al, but by my math 2 + 5 just can't equal one! We bought both of our cruisers because of good comments on this forum, dealer comments, and the 2 + 5 warranty. With the first one, we were new to fifth wheels and the great warranty gave us some comfort. By the time we bought the second one our dealer was no longer selling the cruiser, but because he sold another Crossroads product he still could get us the cruiser, however, the 2 +5 warranty was still imprtant because we had a roof trusse failure during the 3rd year with our first cruiser.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 10-02-2012, 03:40 AM   #118
Full Time Camper

Yep, hot topic on RV.net.

While musing. Lots of folks up north have a 6 month camping season. Use it every other weekend for 2 days and that's about 24 days. Add a 2 week vacation and you're up to 36 days of use in a year. On a good year 50 days of use. A 1 year warranty gives you 50 days of actual warranty, the rest it's just sitting or in the dealers getting repaired.

Hmm, the bottom warranty on a car is 36 months and they don't care if you use it every day, same warranty.

Someone is not too proud of their products, like the RV Industry, you think.

Luckily I got the 100 day warranty....
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
Old 10-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #119
Full Time Camper

avvidclif
Not sure what you meant with the 100 day warranty, but am still axiously waiting for the side by side comparison of the old 2+5 yr and new 1+promise warranty from CR...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
Old 10-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #120
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Don't hold your breathe, it'll focus on how they've integrated the vendor parts into their new promise but leave out the five year structural warranty being phased out and what happens in your second year of ownership if the coach itself fails......

Yes, it is on RV.net, I started the thread.
Closed Thread