Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #161
Family Vacation Member

Didnt this take effect Sept 1st? Hopefully, it's not a lets put it in place and figure out the details down the road or as we go thing....
Old 10-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #162
Full Time Camper

I amcurious. I at this time, 16 pages of posts, cannot understand why the comparisonwarrantieshave not been displayed.

I am a loyalsupporterof CR. I admit I have not been here long (2years) however I believe it is time for corporate to respond to our input.

We need some direct feedback to our questions and fears'

We have done our part our commentary and input has been positive and respectful.
CR Pleaserespondsoon this is not going to go away

Thank you to all for you input that includes Tom as the representative.

Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
Old 10-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #163
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by socoguy
I amcurious. I at this time, 16 pages of posts, cannot understand why the comparisonwarrantieshave not been displayed.
I did my best to lay out some constructive criticism regarding the new 12 point plan. It's on Pg 14 if anyone cares to read it.
http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...5746&PN=14

I will say though, that all considered, there are a few things in that warranty plan that look like they need to have been done a while before they rolled it out at dealerships.

One thing that could be pointed out is,
<h3>4. One-Hour Work Authorizations</h3>

Being that a lot of stories on here involve people dealing directly with Crossroads and NOT hearing back from them at all or in a timely manner, I have to wonder as to the possible effectiveness of this claim. Purely speculation, but for instance, no one has come to respond in this thread about the comparison.
You can't help but draw a few unfavorable conclusions from that.

1. They are understaffed and too busy to respond, which brings up questions about point 4.

2. They are afraid of the response from the community after we get a chance to see the comparison (because it is not favorable?)

3. They are ignoring this topic as much as possible.

4. They really weren't prepared and never really had a good side by side comparison done before rolling this out.

5???

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I have to agree with a lot of other people on here. This 12 point setup seems more like a cost cutting initiative than it does an initiative to give customers what they really wanted. Which few, if any at all, customers on here have made mention of this being a good trade off for the old warranty.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #164
Full Time Camper

The dropping of the well known 2+5 warranty in favor of the new 1+Promise was posted on one of the well known RV forums on the internet that is seen by thousands of people daily. Most of the post over there by non-Crossroads owners have all said this looks like nothing more than a cost cutting measure to offset poor quality and construction warranty cost. With nothing to compare side by side can anyone argue that assessment?
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #165
Full Time Camper

Don't expect to get items 2-7.

You perform the troubleshooting and identify the problem.
Call the RV dealer and they say they will try to fit you in.
The RV dealer has to get permission to troubleshoot the problem.
Next the RV has to find the time to do the troubleshooting
Then the RV dealer has to get permission to replace the part
Then the RV dealer has to get the part from cross roads
Then the part must be shipped
Once in the dealer has the part - they have to find time to install it
And finally you get your RV - only after repeated calls to the RV dealer.
Well that was my story in getting a rear stabilizer motor replace - 3 weeks at the RV dealer.

For my most recent problem - it has been at the dealer since 9/10 for a major design flaw in the bedroom slide.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
Old 10-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #166
Family Vacation Member

How about when the trailer is out of service for warranty work the warranty clock is stopped until you receive your trailer back repaired then the warranty clock starts again.

Sounds fair to me.....might speed up those repairs.

A guy can dream right.....

Edited by: Roadie66

Home is where the hookup is.
2012 ST25RB Reserve tailgating a 2011 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Old 10-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #167
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie66

How about when the trailer is out of service for warranty work the warranty clock is stopped until you receive your trailer back repaired then the warranty clock starts again.

Sounds fair to me.....might speed up those repairs.

A guy can dream right.....

That is where I am heading next - mine has been at the shop for 9 weeks of the camping season so far this year - first year of the warranty.

Edited by: NorskeNY

Old 10-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #168
Family Vacation Member

2 plus months is a little...no alot ridiculous! There should be something about timely repairs!
Good luck

Home is where the hookup is.
2012 ST25RB Reserve tailgating a 2011 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #169
Weekend Camper

Sorry to post this here but cant contact NorskeNY via PM or personal email. NorskeNY pls PM me about slide problem. (Forum gives this response to PM attempt: NorskeNY has exceeded the maximum number of Private Messages they are allowed to receive)

2011 Seville VF36SB

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...mi/Seville.jpg
Old 10-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #170
Full Time Camper

He needs to clean out his inbox and people who have sent PMs need to delete their sent PMs. Kind of an antiquated forum here, but it is free.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 10-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #171
Weekend Camper

Tom here - sorry for the long delays. I don't have the side by side comparison yet because I haven't had time to get with our head of service to do it. No - we didn't do one before we switched because we know what the old warranty covers and we didn't feel as if it covered our owners at all.

As for long service delays - you might have to pick a different dealer. Just like its illegal for us to tell what our dealers sell our product for ( Free Trade Agreement ) it's impossible for us to control how our dealers service departments work. If they arent getting the job done - its nice for us to know so maybe re reconsider signing them up with more CrossRoads lines, but dont keep going back. We are doing everything possible - with the 12 Point Promise - to make it easier for them to get authorizations and parts from us so they can service you quicker but ultimately it comes down to the dealer - not CrossRoads. We are really trying hard not to be the bottleneck.

As for being crazy busy - for sure. Our company has doubled in sales in less than two years. The town of Topeka's infrastructure couldn't handle our call volume. We had 8 lines total for a company that does over 250 million in sales. That's nuts. We are doing the best we can to make CrossRoads a dominate player In the market for years to come and it means getting infrastructure in place, updating software, getting new people and training them, making sure the town can handle our needs, buying additional land from local farmers to build a new state of the art plant to help keep up with the rapid growth. CrossRoads stock is rising despite what some think and our expectations for the company are as well. I want this to be my last job - I love the company and the people I work with. The managemtt team truly cares about the product and our employees.

As for our new 1 year warranty - one in every four travel trailers and fifth wheels sold in the US and Canada is sold by just Keystone RV. Add Keystone, Heartland, Dutchman, CrossRoads and AirStream together, all Thor companies and we dominate the overall market. Everyone I listed with the exception of AirStream, because I don't know what their warranty is, has a one year limited warranty. CrossRoads was the exception and it didn't help us grow or become a better company.

Tiffin Motorhomes - 1 year warranty - it's crazy to think a 1 year warranty means you don't care about your customers or about quality. Every single day we are working to improve our product and to make it not only the best in the market but to make it the most desirable for current and potential customers. In a perfect world we would build it so great that you wouldn't need a warranty. A warranty would mean we expect something bad to happen.

I will be on a plane tomorrow night off and on for about six hours - I hope to be able to get the comparison done during that time. I'm not avoiding the topic - this is exactly what I'm not doing - I'm front and center trying to explain and demonstrate how our new warranty looks after our owners better than anyone else's.

Thanks for being patient - it's coming.

Update - daughter has been a real trooper - never have I hear her complain - she gets pins out tomorrow and is excited to get a " purple " cast tomorrow. For as much grief as everyone has given me over the warranty - I didn't expect so many kind words and support for her. I truly thank everyone for their kind words. I played 3 college sports and professional soccer in Germany and I've never broken a bone and this was my first big accident as a parent. Not fun...

Have a great evening and I hope to get back to you soon.

Tom Montague

GM crossRoads & Redwood RV
Old 10-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #172
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Thanks for the reply Tom, just don't grow so fast that you get "AOL" syndrome...and that indeed can happen...get the infrastructure in place and make these people with there "problems" happy, that will put some good comments on here and alleviate some of your pain. I have looked at 3 other brands last weekend, and the Redwood. All 4 were indeed well made and I would purchase any one of them in a heartbeat, we did like the Redwood most of all, but it was also $25 to $30K above the others. That's a lot to pay for a warranty

Good luck with the comparison and to your daughter also.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #173
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPete
Sorry to post this here but cant contact NorskeNY via PM or personal email. NorskeNY pls PM me about slide problem. (Forum gives this response to PM attempt: NorskeNY has exceeded the maximum number of Private Messages they are allowed to receive)

Emptied my inbox.

Also you can use my e-mail address in my profile.

Edited by: NorskeNY

Old 10-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #174
Full Time Camper

With a 1 year warrenty I will buy used. I just cannot see buying new and getting nothing for it. People all shop for looks frist and warrenty second. I cannot believe you say you want to be the best but you follow every one else. Well they get away with it.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #175
Weekend Camper

Tom,

Yes it true most have a one year warranty. That is main reason we did not purchase any of the brands mentioned. When we decided to upgrade from our Cougar our decision to purchase a Crossroads product was based on the 2/5 and at that time reliability of the product. So far in the 2nd year I have had a warranty issue and the year is not up. The first year we had several issues. I still have concerns about the frame failure so many other owners have had with the year model we own. I am told the movement in our pin box is normal, I hope that is the case. Hind sight being 20/20 I wish we would have purchased the older style Cruiser frame. Based on my ownership experience and quality control issues we have encounter, I see where changing your warranty will help cut your overhead cost. That being said your warranty claims department has been pretty responsive on most of our issues. I am not completely happy with one repair remedy but it was the best option available without returning to the factory, which is too far.

2012 Crossroads Cruiser 31QB

B&W Companion Hitch

Old 10-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #176
Weekend Camper

That's why we are excited about the 12 Point Promise. It's something we offer above and beyond the industry standard 1 Year Limited Warranty that we feel adds tremendous value to your investment.

The 1 Year Limited Warranty is here to stay and we have 100 percent control over it because we are now the administrator of it. As we move forward this will benefit current and future customers. We will hopefully continue to grow at a steady pace, not forgetting the people who helped get us on the map. As for others who might offer a two year warranty - read the fine print ( if you can find it ). I have - and our 1 year protects you better. In fact, our VP of Manufacturing comes from one of the manufacturers everyone keeps mentioning on our website as the place to go if we don't bring the 2+5 back. Nobody knows their warranty better, his crew built every unit and was responsible for the service end as well. He works for CrossRoads now because he believes in what we are doing and our future.

Hopefully you will have the new vs old warranty comparison in a few days.

Thanks,

Tom Montague

GM CrossRoads & Redwood RV
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #177
Full Time Camper

My view is until you can prove what you are saying is true comparing the old to the new it is all smoke and mirrors. You make it sound like the best thing since sliced bread but have yet to prove it.

As far as offering the same warranty as the other Thor group manufactures now all you have done is bring Crossroads down to their level. Crossroads use to have an advantage over the others in the Thor group with their warranty and quality, use to. Maybe you should visit some other general RV forums not tied to one manufacture and see what real people are saying about the different manufactures out there. Thor is not at the top of most list.

I don't know which manufacture you say people would go to here with a 2+5 warranty other than KZ and Jayco and both of them have been in business much longer than Crossroads and both have an excellent reputation for quality and warranty coverage. Crossroads use to be considered the same as those two but now they are nothing more than another Thor group.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #178
Full Time Camper

For as much grief as everyone has given me over the warranty - I didn't expect so many kind words and support for her. I truly thank everyone for their kind words. I played 3 college sports and professional soccer in Germany and I've never broken a bone and this was my first big accident as a parent. Not fun...
HOW DARE YOU! Insulting all of us loyal customers! I would NEVER recommend nor buy another Crossroads product. We love our Cruiser but your horrendous corporate mentality of "screw the customer" is abhorrent! You sir need to find another line of work outside of customer service. All we have done is ask you for some type of side by side comparison of old verses new warranties. Why would I want to buy a productfrom a company whose spokesperson is nothing more than a shill for the corporate line?

Word of mouth is everything as it applies to the Internet. You crossed the line with your "grief" remark.Edited by: artgpo

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
Old 10-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #179
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague
As for being crazy busy - for sure. Our company has doubled in sales in less than two years.
Hi Tom, glad to hear about your daughter. My 9 month old is now climbing everything she can and can't. I'm thinking of investing in a crash helmet for her....

As for the quote above, I will have to side with Hunter11 and take issue with the premise that now that your sales have doubled in the last 2 years (under the 2+5 warranty program), a way to continue to grow is to eliminate a major part of that sales growth. I just don't see how the economics can work on that. It sounds more like your trying to wash your hands of existing customers and problems sooner, to make way for the new customers. (Without getting in to too much detail, that's kind of the short version.)

I just purchased in August, and for the money I paid and after some of the reviews I have heard about the various issues that can pop up, there is no way I would have purchased your product with just a 1 year warranty. Even more so now that I'm learning just how difficult it is to deal with the dealership (1 of 2) in this city that I purchased from, and how they just don't seem to care about customers on an individual basis.

As for the 12 point system, as I posted previously, I think there are some very valuable items in there, and some not at all. As a person who has just purchased one of your products, and is relying on it to be a solid investment, my input to you would be that it would have been a deal breaker.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #180
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgpo

HOW DARE YOU! Insulting all of us loyal customers!
Woah...
Closed Thread