Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #181
Full Time Camper

I didn't read it that way Art. The way I read that it was tongue in cheek and meant to be a humourous but humble thanksgiving for our warm wishes. He felt accepted as part of our group. Your words put him back out side and I think you took it the wrong way.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 10-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #182
Weekend Camper

Thank you Papa2 - This is my first time on ANY forum and I'm trying to fit in and be a resource for everyone. I'm sorry if my humor was mistaken for anything other than my attempt to be funny and to get to know everyone.

Thanks,

Tom.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #183
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikdslo

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgpo

HOW DARE YOU! Insulting all of us loyal customers!
Woah...
X2 - - time to sit back and take a deep breath

I will continue to monitor this post but Instead of continuing to post negative information concerning our unit I am sending an e-mail to Tom outlining the issues we have had with our unit since delivery.
This may help him and CrossRoads RV roll out their new warranty program.

I had started a posting on the Cruiser product page and will update CF355SS owners on the modification/repairs to our unit.</span>

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
Old 10-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #184
Full Time Camper

Tom, I quess your earlier staement said it all, "The 1 year warranty is here to stay". That really closes the the door to any future conversation and makes the side-by-side comparison irrelavent. I for one am glad i bought a 2010 with the older proven frame and slide systems. Sadly, if I were in the market for a new unit, it would not be a Crossroads product. It seems the people that drove Carriage out of business are now bent on screwing up Crossroads too. No wonder so many of the older Crossroads management have jumped ship to other companies. The new attitude seems to be "my way, or the highway".
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 10-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #185
Full Time Camper

Dale, speaking of the frame I heard a rumor this week that Lippert has already or will be dropping the 2 year frame warranty down to 1 year. I am sure Tom can either confirm or deny this. So if RV manufactures are lowering their warranties and if Lippert is now lowering their frame warranty what does this tell us about the state of the RV business? To me this shows less confidence in the product especially when it comes to Lippert given their past quality issues and customer service.

Tom, is this rumor true or false?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #186
Family Vacation Member

I must have a exceptionally great dealership, in both crossroads I had I was never told " that's not covered by warranty. I did have to wait seamed like forever for some parts (16 recliners) yes 16. But to say we'll get more from a 1yr than with 2yr don't come close. Both took 2 yrs to get the bugs out and they were both before the real problems started showing up. If with a 1 yr I would have to camp in my dealers lot in hopes I'd have something besides the payment book the second yr.
2008 Club Cart Precedent
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...olfcart2-1.jpg
Old 10-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #187
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Im not sure aspiring to be "like" other THOR divisions, especially Keystone, is something to come here and be proud of.... no offense, but many of us have bought Jayco or other brands because of reputations THOR has cemented into RV owners everywhere.

Also, the comment that there is fine print in the "other" brands two year warranty is, well, ignorant. is Crossroads now claiming to have a warranty with NO fine print? Is this part of your 12-point promise?

Since you haveclearly stated there is no changing your mind, please remove my testimonial and recomendation from your product page. I value my name and no longer can recommend your company or products.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:36 AM   #188
Weekend Camper

Hunter11 - great to hear from you and thanks for the questions.

In September of 2011 - Lippert changed their frame warranty from an 18 month warranty to a 12 month warranty.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:12 AM   #189
Full Time Camper

kEITH, SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT THE ANSWER ON THE FRAME WARRANTY. We have been very pleased with our two older style cruisers. One minor roof problem with the first one and one slide actuator problem with the second one. Both issues occurred in the third year and second year respectively. Without the 2+5 warranty we would have paid for both repairs and the failures were manufacturing defects. Since we have a summer seasonal site and spend three months snowbirding in the winter, we get a lot of use out of or rigs. That being said, it still took considerable time for the defects to show up. We have a great dealer that gets right on things. They are a long time crossroads service center, but haven't carried the products for a few years now.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 10-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #190
Family Vacation Member

eh men............ email and similar are terrible medians for understanding emotions and often something typed is taken out of context.

I didn't take your comment as negative either Tom, I actually took it as humor but again that was only my take/view on it and as you can see some take it another way.

Similarly the different views taken on your change in Warranty and on that issue we will continue to agree to disagree.

Prove me wrong buddy !

Icannot buy the rhetoric as spelled out thus far and I cantell you a good business person and strong manager would have already recognized that this is a very contencious issue that isn't likely to be put to bed easily.

Obviously you are on this site and listening so I will putyou in thegood business person and strong manager category as you are listening (believe many I deal with on a daily basis don't listen) so I believe we need to provide you with the same respect you aregiving everyone on this site which is tolisten to your side of the story.

However the good managers and business leadersafter listeningalsoact on the information they have listened too and despite their own personal beliefs andegos recognize that themajority of the voices is usually the right answer and therefore they put they act accordingly.

Just sayin.......... looking forward to the "Sales Pitch"

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #191
Weekend Camper

Nice to hear there are some good dealers out there,they are as important as the warranty,maybe more important.
I can't take the pressure anymore so decided I better go moose hunting for a week,leaving tomorrow
Hopefully some clarification comes in the next week or so.No phones no internet for the week,you got to love it.

2011 250 super duty

2012 Cruiser 305

https://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/...h_89f92fae.jpg
Old 10-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #192
Family Vacation Member

Happy hunting Livewire.............remember to check your gun case even if you aren'ttaking it out of the case.

A buddy of mine went hunting a few years ago and spent the week doing what normally goes on in the hunt camp (what goes to the camp stays in the camp) and didn't actually take his gun out of the case. When he got home he complained to his wife that she had forgot to pack his tooth brus and razor.

She replied: where were you and whatdid you do for a week ? He said why dear ? she replied well I packed them in your gun case and if you had been hunting you would have found them...........oops busted !

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
Old 10-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #193
Full Time Camper

Tom- you say you are listening but very definitively have stated that the 1 yr warranty is here to stay. That sounds a lot like my current manager who says no to everything and gets defensive of everything. That actually makes for many unhappy employees and she has angered many other business contacts with this same attitude. A little advice, don't always just say this is how it is so deal with it.Work with us to find a solution that makes the consumer happy as well as the bosses happy. You don't have many opportunities to get a free polling of the public, here is one available at your fingertips. We are giving you real honest customer feedback.

Also, having seen what is listed as the 12 point promise, these are all things that should have already been in play as standard with any warranty and not something special that you are doing. I am still waiting to see that comparison to see how it really looks. Keep in mind that we are going to an RV showon Saturdayand have thoughts of trading our current zinger if the rightTT or 5erand right deal come along. That said, with my current feeling on this warranty, the cruisers I used to love and dream about feel like they might be off the table for us. Please find a way to change my mind. Thank you

ps I am glad your daughter is doing better. My daughter fell down steps when she was an infant, thankfully she was not hurt but that scared, panicked feeling hit. I think it scared me and hurt me more than it did her. You will always feel bad about it and always want to help her feel better. That is what being a good parentis about. I'm glad you were able to be there for her. Oh and I didn't read your post to be negative, I took it for what it was.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
Old 10-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #194
Family Vacation Member

Tom, correct me if Iam wrong, but Iam looking at my brochure (02-10-2010) for my Seville that I bought new in Feb. 2011, on page 3 it says 2+5 year warranty (2 years bumper to bumper + 5 years on structure). So how can you say "the 2nd year is not bumper to bumper"?

Jim & Linda with Candy Bar and Misty
'06 Chev 3500 DuraMax w/Banks
'10 Seville
'09 GL1800 Hannigan Trike
GSCM USN(Ret)
ALR,PGR,VFW 3788, AL460
Old 10-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #195
Full Time Camper

I think that ,what we're going to find is that the main difference in coverage is who administers the claim. Is it Dometic, Norcold, Atwood, Lippert, etc or will it Crossroads.

From our perspective the coverage will be identical since we all take our units back to the dealer any way. Why do we care who administers the claim? Ultimately we need a good dealer either way. Have a good dealer and your warranty claims will be handled in a timely manner. Don't have a good dealer even CR won't be able to do much unless you take it back to them.

So, CR sees the warranty as having holes because we need to rely on 3rd party vendors. We don't see those holes if we have good dealers because we're getting the coverage we expected.

Now, this is all speculation. If true, then Tom and CR is in trouble. I'd say it's time for Mr Montague to trot out the comparison and let us decide. Shouldn't be that hard, especially if it is truly better.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 10-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #196
Full Time Camper

I guess I am slow because I don't see what there is to decide. A one year warranty with twelve points of fluff can never equal a two year bumper to bumper plus an additional three years of structural warranty (2 + 5). Even if you have a lousy dealer, you always had the factory service center as an option during the 2 +5 warranty. With the one year warranty and a lousy dealer, you only have factory service center available for one year. No matter what, a valuable service is being taken away. Sorry to see this happen to a company like Crossroads.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 10-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #197
Family Vacation Member

I have not commented on this topic until now butfeel it is time. I purchaseda 2005 Silverado 36' fifth wheel which was one of the first of the model year. This was when Dewayne still owned the company. I had dealt with him on some building construction for another company he had and knew him to have a feel to do things right. With the exception of a defective axle the first year, which was replaced with no question along with new tires, I have had no issues since. This unit has traveled 60,000 miles on some of the worst roads in the U.S. &amp; Canadaand is our home for 5-6 months a year.
As the ownership has changed these last few years there has also come industry wide changes to make everything lighter but still with all the bells &amp; whistles. With lighter materials comes more flexing and stress on all components which leads to more problems in the long run. The only solution I see is not to buy a unit you don't have confidence in and it will soon catch up to the manufactures. I have spent my whole life in the RV area and been in many of their factories. Take a good tour before you buy and you will be enlightned as to their approach to business.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #198
Full Time Camper

Tom -- I just bought a 30SK Patriot at the Hershey RV show this September. I beleive I still have the 2+5 as my unit was built 8/22/2012, if I read your earlier post correctly. After picking up the SK at the Harrisburg Holiday Inn on the way home I lost the brakes on the 5er about half the way home. As there is no Crossroads dealer anywhere close to my home I called Crossroads and talked to a customer service rep. and was told after a short discussion with him, I could take the SK anywhere I wanted to get the brakes fixed. I took the SK to a trailer shop close to my home. The CR rep. told me to give the service manager of the trailer shop the phone number of CR in case he needed to contact them for anything, which I did. I picked up the SK the same day and the brakes were fine. If useing outside vendors is part of the NEW SERVICE PLAN you were talking about, I think it works well. That being said I can still see the concerns that other campers on this forum have voiced to you about the one year warrenty. I have since gone on a trip with my new 5er and have not had any other problems. The SK seems to be well built. At this point I will chaulk up the brakes to stuff happens. Easy for me to say being I still have the peace of mind of the 2+5 warrenty.

That's my story and I'm sticken to it.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
Old 10-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #199
Full Time Camper

For those with the 2/5 year warranty - have you been taking the rig in for the "annual inspection" - last page in the owners manual - this is needed to maintain the 5 year structural warranty.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
Old 10-13-2012, 03:26 AM   #200
Weekend Camper

I have taken mine to the factory for the inspection. They gave mea paper that they sign off on each time I've had it done.

You need to have that done to keep the 5 year going.

Stan

1994 GMC SLE EC PU DRW 454 4:10 Posi

Hensley BD3 Prodigy

Trailair rotoflex pinbox and equaflex with wet bolts

2010 Cruiser CTX CF26RKX

Semper Fidelis '53-'61
Closed Thread