Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2015, 07:27 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Night time parking

I'm sure most of you folks who have been doing this for a while have your own tips and tricks, but thought I'd share what worked well for us to back into a camping spot in the dark.

Knowing we were going to arrive after dark to a back-in site on our first trip last weekend, I planned ahead, and made sure I had my kids' LED Wands in the truck with me. We also have walkie-talkies to communicate with each other, but wouldn't you know it one of them stopped working just as we went to pull out on the road. I fiddled with it while we drove with no luck.

We have 3 of the older version of these: 3-in-1 LED FlashStick. So I put one where the back corner of the camper should end up, so my husband could aim for it from the truck, and used 2 to direct him. Worked like a charm. 1 arm out to indicate he needed to turn in that direction, both arms at my chest for straight and arms down for stop.
COCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:40 AM   #2
Site Team

Brilliant!!!
You are going to be an old pro at this before you know.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:50 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Brilliant!!!
You are going to be an old pro at this before you know.
Thanks, in case you haven't figured it out from my posts both pre and post purchase. I'm a planner. I like to know what's going on and work through many scenarios and solutions in my head before we even start a trip. Which I think will come in handy on the road.

Now if only I could get confident behind the wheel of the truck and eventually with the trailer in tow so we can share the driving. I hear some parking lots calling my name.
COCamping is offline   Reply With Quote