Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I would like to ask other owners what temperatures your Norcold 2117 refrigerator produces when set at a particular setting. The best I can get from mine is 40 degrees in the fresh food compartment when at a setting of 6 or above.

If you are willing to contribute, an easy way to get the temps is to use the LED display. Press and hold the MODE and TEMP buttons until 1 appears. You can then cycle thru the points...1,2,3.....0 then A,B,C...

The fresh food air temp is D and the Freezer air temp is F. (C is freeser fin and E is Fresh food fin temp) H is the temp sensed by the external fan plus 100). Pressing the MODE and TEMP buttons again will exit the diagnostic mode. These procedures were taken from the service manual.

It would also be helpful to know the ambient temp.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond!

2011 Seville VF36SB

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...mi/Seville.jpg
GaPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

if you have one of the thermistor's on your fins in the fresh food area, you maybe able to move it up to the top of the fin it is on and it may get colder for you. I have a Dometic but im sure its all the same principal.

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixit5561

if you have one of the thermistor's on your fins in the fresh food area, you maybe able to move it up to the top of the fin it is on and it may get colder for you. I have a Dometic but im sure its all the same principal.

Good idea and something I have considered. My thermister is behind a cover so it hasnt been bumped or anything and it used to cool just fine where it is mounted. The fin thermister reading is accurate as verified on the LED display so it is either not calling for cooling or it cant provide cooling.

I had it in the repair shop and they essentially found no problem with it......havent figured that out yet.

I am hoping for some feedback from owners to verify that I do have a problem and I want to take that info and use it to make the repair shop fix it under warranty as they should.

2011 Seville VF36SB

Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

As hot as its been you may want to try a computer fan or a fan made for moving the heat from the back of the refrig unit.Just put it on a switch where it can be truned off if not needed.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
New Camper

I have a problem, I have been camping for a couple of weeks, All of a sudden, a couple of days ago, my milk was frozend in my Norcold N811LT. The setting has always been on 3.

I move it to 2 and the next morning, the milk was frozen again.

Could this be a Thermistor problem,

Your thoughts and advice?

2004.5 Chev 2500HD Ext Cab Duramax/Allison

BullyDog TriplePup Prog.

https://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...ignature-2.jpg

Fuzzy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Hi Pete. We just got back from a trip to northern Indiana.

Norcold 2117. Setting on 7, initial cool down temps were C=25°, D=36°, E=2°, F=5°. Traveled north for 3 hours to Shipshewanna, Temps were C=25°, D=40°, E=5°, F=11°. Outside air temp was in the mid 70's & fridge was running on gas.

We've dropped the camper at the Service Center for some stuff that needs to be done so when we get it back in mid July, I'll get temps with the fridge setting on 8. I do know that from previous trips, setting it on 8 and being in a shaded spot had fridge temps at about 36° and the freezer at 5° or below. Keep in mind that the fan in the freezer doesn't come on until the fin temps reach 11°.

2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Al,

Thanks for the update. I havent been camping but have kept the refrigerator pluggedin sitting inthe driveway. I also put a fan behind the bottom vent blowing upward but havent noticed much difference.

I have a high/low recording thermometer and I have recorded the reading for two weeks now. I cant figure out how to post it so will PM it to you.

Thanks

Pete

2011 Seville VF36SB