Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

We took our new Zinger camping for the past two weeks. All worked fine but the outside shower. It barely trickles. There's no pressure making it almost useless. What can be wrong? We have a good filter on the water line before water enters the trailer so bits of crud from outside isn't possible. Any ideas?

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
RanCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Pull the shower hose all the way out and remove the head and check flow.Could be trash from building.Outside showers aren't what they make of them in my book.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Rancar...This is probably an easy fix. First, "bits of crud" can come into the system easily even if you have a filter. Take off the spray handle. Is there water now? If so clean the spray jets. If not, turn off the water to the rig and remove the on-off handles and valves. Have someone BRIEFLY turn on the pump (stand back!). If you have water now then clean/replace the valve stems or check your hose for a blockage. If you still don't have water, then reassemble everything taken apart, find the access panel for the shower and with the rig water off, remove the water supply hoses to the shower box. Point them into a bucket and have someone turn on the pump again briefly. This should at least find out where the problem lies. I would guess the spray jets are clogged. Keep us posted.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

We had a similar problem when we picked up our new Cruiser last month. The sink in the master bath had low pressure. It turned out there was saw dust in the screen at the faucet. A 30 second fix.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB1965
Pull the shower hose all the way out and remove the head and check flow.Could be trash from building.Outside showers aren't what they make of them in my book.
Thanks. I'll see if I can get the head off. I couldn't get it off at the CG but perhaps we can take a closer look at it here at home. It's still under warranty so we can take it back and have the dealer look at it. It looked like the hose and head were one unit. I didn't screw off.

The other problem we want them to look at is the A/C popping the breaker when on the HIGH setting. It has a 20 amp breaker and may need a 30 amp. In this southern heat the HIGH setting is often needed.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan
Rancar...This is probably an easy fix. First, "bits of crud" can come into the system easily even if you have a filter. Take off the spray handle. Is there water now? If so clean the spray jets. If not, turn off the water to the rig and remove the on-off handles and valves. Have someone BRIEFLY turn on the pump (stand back!). If you have water now then clean/replace the valve stems or check your hose for a blockage. If you still don't have water, then reassemble everything taken apart, find the access panel for the shower and with the rig water off, remove the water supply hoses to the shower box. Point them into a bucket and have someone turn on the pump again briefly. This should at least find out where the problem lies. I would guess the spray jets are clogged. Keep us posted.
I can't see how you remove the outside shower handle/spray head. Do you screw it off somehow? I was unable to turn or remove the spray head or handle. Nothing turns. Looking in the spray head holes from the outside, I don't see anything in them. They don't appear to be clogged. I'll see about removing the valves tomorrow in better light. The hoses come in under the bathroom sink. It's a small difficult area to reach. I'll keep you posted in what we find. We have to be careful not to do something that will void the warranty.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgpo
We had a similar problem when we picked up our new Cruiser last month. The sink in the master bath had low pressure. It turned out there was saw dust in the screen at the faucet. A 30 second fix.
That's something we hadn't thought of. I think all our screens need to be looked at since pressure wasn't great from any of the faucets other than the bathtub faucet. You would think they'd check these things before sending them on to the dealers.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

RanCar I had your ac problem you should install a new 20 amp breaker for the ac. I bet it is on a double breaker and they overheat and trip .
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCar

The other problem we want them to look at is the A/C popping the breaker when on the HIGH setting. It has a 20 amp breaker and may need a 30 amp. In this southern heat the HIGH setting is often needed.

No you don't need a 30 amp breaker for your A/C. You likely have a dual 20A/30A breaker that is getting hot enough to trip off the 20A breaker for your A/C. The easiest solution for that is to separate the dual breakers into individual breakers, providing there is space in your power panel. I did this on our 5vr because I was having similar problems with our A/C. I don't have that problem anymore. Due to the space restrictions in our power panel, I replaced the main 30A breaker, the 20A A/C, 15A microwave and 15A water heater breakers. I left the dual 15A breakers for the wall receptacle in.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:27 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

RanCar...This may sound silly but, any chance that you haven't noticed the on/off switch on the shower head that pauses water flow while you wash/shampoo? The way you described the trickle is exactly what mine does when the switch is in the off position.

2003 F250 PSD

Central Jersey
JerseyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Howdy my fellow Tennessean! I have the same year and model as you. I replaced the shower head(s) with some cheap ones from Lowes solved my problem.
Have fun!

2008 F150 4.2L V6 yes a V6

2009 Zinger 19RD
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #12
New Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to FlyWyzard
I have a zinger also and right down by the pump is a valve to turn off the outside shower. This valve was put in so when they winterized it wouldnt suck air from there to the pump while having the long tube down into the antifreeze bottle. Mine was doing the same thing untill we turned the valve.

Dan
Old 10-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwit
RanCar I had your ac problem you should install a new 20 amp breaker for the ac. I bet it is on a double breaker and they overheat and trip .
What's a double-breaker? The TT is brand new so we plan to have the sealer's shop look at it and fix it. You would think CrossRoads had a breaker adequate for the A/C they put in their units. It's 20 Amp now. Maybe they'll replace it with a 30 Amp.

As for the water pressure in the outdoor shower. My DH removed a small part with 3 holes that slowed the water flow. It improved but is still pathetic. The screens were not blocked. The kitchen faucet lacks pressure also. Only the bathroom has good pressure in the sink, tub and shower. They're going to have to look at that too.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
Howdy my fellow Tennessean! I have the same year and model as you. I replaced the shower head(s) with some cheap ones from Lowes solved my problem.
Have fun!

Hi there! Where did you buy yours? We got ours at Countryside RVs in LaVergne. Have you joined the http://camptn.com/ forum? I just joined and we plan to meet up with some of them at Cedars of Lebanon SP the last weekend of the month. Why not join us?

The kitchen faucet has no pressure either and the screen is clean. They may need to blow out the lines. We're taking it back next week so they can check these things out.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #15
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWyzard
I have a zinger also and right down by the pump is a valve to turn off the outside shower. This valve was put in so when they winterized it wouldnt suck air from there to the pump while having the long tube down into the antifreeze bottle. Mine was doing the same thing untill we turned the valve.

Dan
Which way did you turn the valve for more water pressure to the outside shower? That wont help the poor pressure in the kitchen sink though.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #16
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWyzard

Dan
My husband just asked,.... where is the pump and valve?

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #17
New Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to FlyWyzard
My pump and valve is located right behind the water heater thru an access panel in the hallway.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:14 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

When you bought the TT,,they didn't have the water hooked up and turn all your faucets on during the walk-through ??,,,,when we bought ours they had everything ,,stove,ac ,water,ice box,etc. on when we got there to do the walk through,,the salesman started in the bed-room even turning every light on and went to the other end,,then did the same thing out-side,,even turned on the out-side shower,,,they should of done all that in front of y'all,,,,it sounds to me like your water lines may have trash in them from the factory install,,,but as you said ,,it seems like they would of checked all that,,,well,good luck,,....

https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...TTOYS019-1.jpg
challeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #19
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamops
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCar

No you don't need a 30 amp breaker for your A/C. You likely have a dual 20A/30A breaker that is getting hot enough to trip off the 20A breaker for your A/C. The easiest solution for that is to separate the dual breakers into individual breakers, providing there is space in your power panel. I did this on our 5vr because I was having similar problems with our A/C. I don't have that problem anymore. Due to the space restrictions in our power panel, I replaced the main 30A breaker, the 20A A/C, 15A microwave and 15A water heater breakers. I left the dual 15A breakers for the wall receptacle in.
It seems several of my posts got lost in cyberspace the other day. The breaker for the A/C is 20 AMP. Dual breaker? The breaker for the A/C has one switch. It appears nothing else is on that breaker. Nothing else stopped or went out when it flipped. We can't make changes ourselves while it's under warranty. Noting else flipped any of the breakers. just the A/C when on the high setting.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #20
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by challeno

When you bought the TT,,they didn't have the water hooked up and turn all your faucets on during the walk-through ??,,,,when we bought ours they had everything ,,stove,ac ,water,ice box,etc. on when we got there to do the walk through,,the salesman started in the bed-room even turning every light on and went to the other end,,then did the same thing out-side,,even turned on the out-side shower,,,they should of done all that in front of y'all,,,,it sounds to me like your water lines may have trash in them from the factory install,,,but as you said ,,it seems like they would of checked all that,,,well,good luck,,....
My husband said the salesman showed him everything inside but not the outside shower or furnace. It was so hot in the TT it wouldn't come on, but we checked it one chilly night and it worked. I did find some black crud in the kitchen screen and removed it. The pressure is better now in that faucet. The bathroom is fine. Good pressure. We were not shown the outside shower working. As for the outside shower - we didn't find any crud in it and today it sounds like it's sucking air. Even when I shut it off it makes a sucking-air sound. One of us has to crawl under the kitchen sink and check the hoses.

It's going back to the dealer next week because of the A/C flipping the breaker on High, I think I'll let them worry about it/fix it.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~