Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
New Camper

Oven Pilot

Last fall, during a month long trip, I tried to light the oven pilot in our 2012 Zinger. Even though the burners would light I could not get the pilot to light, no matter how long my wife held in the knob and no matter how many matches I burned under the pilot tube. Can the thermocouple actually keep gas from getting to the pilot when the control knob is pushed? We plan on leaving for a 3 week trip in mid-August. Even though we rarely want to use the oven I would like to know that we could use it.
BertD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

BertD
I use the long tube butane lighters that are used to light off a gas grill to light off our oven...It takes about a minute to light it off...Also on my oven the pilot is at the back of the gas tube...It can be a little difficult to hold the oven knob in and try to keep the butane lighter in the correct position until the pilot actually lights...Once it lights you are good to go...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:42 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

The thermocouple only keep the flame on, it will not prevent the pilot from lighting as long as you hold the knob in.

You may not be getting gas to it?

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

After a season of storage, or a long time between uses, mine takes a long time, perhaps 20 to 30 Seconds to start. You should smell gas, keep the knob pushed in, and the flame from your long arm lighter directly where you see the pilot Outlet. It is toward the rear of the burner. Underneath the burner plate.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote