Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi folks:
I was wondering if someone might kindly comment on the Patriot cf305sk with respect to:

a) build quality (fit / finish)
c) Interior space (living area / counter and cupboards / bedroom etc)
d) running gear (axle ratings)
e) Wall construction (vacuum bonded?)
f) basement (size / accessibility)

We currently have a Sabre (Palomino) 31REDS with which we have been very happy. Being mindful of weights we thought the 305 sk a good fit. Still, we are concerned about its size given our plans are for extended travel (3 months at time) We tow with a Silverado 2500hd diesel. We thought Patriot's superside a little on the heavy side.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Jim Rhodes
Ramblingrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Jim:
We have a 2012 305sk provincial and have very few problems so far.I can answer some of your questions and I am sure others will help also.
a] for the most part very good
b]would rate as excellent for our needs </span>
c]5200#
d]unsure but believe so.
e]basement size very good only inconvenience is you have to unhook entrance door if open to access the door on the awning side,door is larger than water hook up side.not a big deal

First thing I did was to reinforce under bed,many had issues on the forum with construction quality.
Also you will probably change chairs for comfort purposes,we got some from Sears that will work when closing slides without inconvenience.
I think our weight from factory was 9300# give or take and we tow with an f-250 no problem

2011 250 super duty

2012 Cruiser 305

https://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/...h_89f92fae.jpg
Livewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

We have had ours 2 weeks tomorrow

A: No issues with fit/finish. Nice
B: Lots of counter space, large kitchen. With opposing slides a large living area. Dining table has a foldup 6" extension. Only down is no pantry per se. We're working on that. Lots of cabinets and cubby holes.
C: 5200lb axles with E rated tires.
D: See Crossroads website for sidewall construction, laminated.
E: Larger basement than previous trailer(CF285RL), lots of space.

A big plus for extended travel is washer/dryer connections(all in one unit). Full queen size bed, not shorty.

Shipping weight on ours was 9364 lbs. Add battery, propane, and all our stuff and it's probably around 10,500 ready to go, no water.

Overall well pleased.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:19 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire
basement size very good only inconvenience is you have to unhook entrance door if open to access the door on the awning side,door is larger than water hook up side.

Hmmm, I had to go look but with the door open and latched I have about 3" of clearance from the basement door. No interference between the 2????? Strange..
Old 08-22-2013, 03:55 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by avvidclif
Quote:
basement size very good only inconvenience is you have to unhook entrance door if open to access the door on the awning side,door is larger than water hook up side.

Hmmm, I had to go look but with the door open and latched I have about 3" of clearance from the basement door. No interference between the 2????? Strange..

They must have improved this,I had to go out and measure also.Compartment door is 59 inches wide and with entrance door open and hooked I am 4.5 inches past compartment door.Also my electrical box is slightly different in location.Glad they improved on this minor inconvenience.

2011 250 super duty

2012 Cruiser 305

Old 08-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

X2 on above commentary. Have the 2011 model some minor changes in 2012 and 2013. We enjoy cooking so it is a great floorplan. I would recommend dual pane windows for quiet and extra insulation. We did not order the fireplace but our dealer did and we are quite happy about that.
I believe they downdsized the compartment door but did not change interior space. Have had no issues and have traveled about 9000 miles. We also tow with F250 6.7 diesel, Reese 16k slider and it tows very nicely. Best of luck in your decision
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvidclif
Quote:

They must have improved this,I had to go out and measure also.Compartment door is 59 inches wide and with entrance door open and hooked I am 4.5 inches past compartment door.Also my electrical box is slightly different in location.Glad they improved on this minor inconvenience.
Mystery solved. My basement door is 53" wide. Somebody woke up at the factory...
Old 08-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Jim:

I am not sure where in Ontario you are located.If you are looking or dealing with Layzee Acres in Seabright they also have a campground and will or at least used to give you a few days free camping.If so,take advantage of this the service department is close by and they will fix you up if you find any problems.

2011 250 super duty

2012 Cruiser 305

Old 08-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Jim
Love our 305SK. Had a couple of minor issues that CR took care of in a timely fashion. We did although buy replacement furniture, as we did not like the furniture that came with the unit. We bought the 305 on display at the Hershey RV show last Sept.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:07 AM   #10
New Camper

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post replies... all were are very informative and helpful... it sounds as though it might be the right fit for us... will let you know of our decision... and thanks again! It just so happens that a nearby dealer has one in stock... c/w body paint. (the Lazy Acres dealer sounds interesting though... will keep it in mind) We had planned to go to Hershey this year but unfortunately had to cancel... as always I'm sure it will be worth while...

take care and safe travels....

Jim.
Ramblingrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote