Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
New Camper

Plumbing directions

I purchased a 2011 Zinger ZT 190- RDS from a dealer that went out of business shortly after. I cannot find anything explaining how the plumbing and valves and hot water tank all work. Its been trial and error. My water works with city water but i tried to get hot water and the tank never filled. I switched a valve near the tank and it sounded like it was filling but was actually leaking inside my storage area. I may have damaged the system with winterizing.

Can anyone point me to a video of how these systems work? Not having a dealer makes owning your first RV tough.
Clueless camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Look under our Document section under Systems for a diagram of the water tank valves and how they should be set.

If you ran the heater without water in it you may have damaged it.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:27 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Clueless
When you winterized your camper did you fill the water lines with pink stuff.??? If so you might have left the siphon hose ball valve in the open position...That would cause a leak once you introduce water into the system...The only other thing I think would cause a leak is the drain plug, but that should NOT leak inside the camper, or a hole in a water line...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks to mark5w and sleepyt. I did check the valves and fittings. they are all fine. I filled the tank with water and it started leaking from the bottom.. How hard is it to replace the tank? Can I just replace tank or do I need to replace the entire hot water heater system?
Clueless camper is offline   Reply With Quote