Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2021, 02:34 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Plumbing Question

OK, just got back from Grand Canyon and on my Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 33SI, I found a water leak. If you are at the docking station, underneath and to the left, have a RED and BLUE PEX with caps on it. A little further to the left, a white PEX with cap. THAT is leaking. Looks like the crimp ring around the fitting is loose. Is this my fresh water drain??? Never played with PEX before and kinda want to get an idea what I have before I jump in feet first.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Red and blue should be low point drains. I don’t have your model but it’s probably the fresh tank drain. Was it winterized last winter? A lot of people don’t winterize the low point drains or drain the fresh tank. It could be cracked where the ring is. But depending where you are in California you might not winterize yours.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:15 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Dont winterize as where I live, dont get that cold. When I crawled up under it to check it, looked like leaking around the crimp at the drain fitting. I travel once a month and thought it was possible that being in mountains caused it. I plan on changing that out when I get in from work next week. Guess I will have to buy PEX crimper and some repair parts.

Thanks for you reply.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:10 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I’d fill the tank some and check. If you can get a piece of paper towel above the crimp you’ll know if it’s leaking at or above. It’s hard to tell sometimes, as it can be leaking above and running down the back of the pipe and hitting the crimp and look as if it’s leaking there. Just have to check it out good to find the exact leak.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote