Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Pressure regulator

Are the adjustable water pressure regulators with the dial worth the extra money?

We were seasonal at a campground for 14 years and the water pressure was so poor a pressure regulator was never a need. Actually wondering if I have a built in one. 2016 Cruiser 315RL?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pressure regulator.jpg (305.8 KB, 9 views)

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:09 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

No, you won't have one built in unless by some bizarre option they installed it. If traveling it's, in my opininion, absolutely necessary as some parks we've been to have had 80-100 psi water pressure & that's too much for any rv. To me there are 3 items mandatory for rvs; #1 an adjustable water regulator ( not that little thing they gave you when you bought the rv), #2 a surge protector to match your rvs amperage, #3 a clear 45 or 90 degree or possibly a straight fitting for your sewer hose to determine when tank has drained clear. For safetys sake if you are using/or have the hockey puck power adapter to step down voltage, THROW IT AWAY they are a huge fire hazard & get the dog bone adapters.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
No, you won't have one built in unless by some bizarre option they installed it. If traveling it's, in my opininion, absolutely necessary as some parks we've been to have had 80-100 psi water pressure & that's too much for any rv. To me there are 3 items mandatory for rvs; #1 an adjustable water regulator ( not that little thing they gave you when you bought the rv), #2 a surge protector to match your rvs amperage, #3 a clear 45 or 90 degree or possibly a straight fitting for your sewer hose to determine when tank has drained clear. For safetys sake if you are using/or have the hockey puck power adapter to step down voltage, THROW IT AWAY they are a huge fire hazard & get the dog bone adapters.
Thanks Danny. We have a 50 amp rig and the site we are going to be at for the summer is 30 amp. I have a dog bone to use to step down. I have a Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS that is scheduled to be delivered this week and I will be installing this coming weekend. I haven't bought the pressure regulator yet, but I guess I will spring for the fancy one. I've been spending money like I have a month to live.......

I've been seasonal for 14 years at the same place and my sewer was hard piped, but not doing that again right now. The power and water were very stable, so I just had the surge protector at the box. I have to dig that out so I can sell it, I used it one season.

I have a bag, (big bag, like 5 foot tall), of sewer stuff from a seasonal friend at my old park who bought a used 5th wheel. I didn't go through the bag, he gave it to me on my way out last season. I am pretty sure there is one of those heavy duty rhino hoses in there? I wanted to check that before I bought the 45 swiveling clear connector and the extra gate valve. I'll check the bag and order the water regulator and the rest of my "stuff" so I have it before the season opens.

Thanks for the input.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:03 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I have the adjustable one like you have posted in the picture, its definitely the one to have. I would also suggest putting the regulator at the faucet, not the rig simply this would help protect your hose as well. I was parked at a place down by San Antonio just last week with 95 PSI, that could be enough to damage the hose as well as your rig.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Pro BSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:02 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRN View Post
Are the adjustable water pressure regulators with the dial worth the extra money?

We were seasonal at a campground for 14 years and the water pressure was so poor a pressure regulator was never a need. Actually wondering if I have a built in one. 2016 Cruiser 315RL?
YES!
Old 04-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

While you are at it, install a 1.5 gallon expansion tank. You will have constant pressure and flow like never before.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:40 PM   #7
Gone Traveling

You can get an adjustable 3/4" household water regulator from most home improvement stores for a lot less than at a rv supply store.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:00 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
You can get an adjustable 3/4" household water regulator from most home improvement stores for a lot less than at a rv supply store.
Totally agree! Picked mine up on Amazon.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Pro BSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:41 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
What is the point of the 3/4" household water regulator from HD if it doesn't have a gauge?

Old 04-04-2017, 06:44 PM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper Dave View Post
While you are at it, install a 1.5 gallon expansion tank. You will have constant pressure and flow like never before.
I think I have one of those in line with my water heater in my house, (it's blue), to help stop the banging in the walls, (which didn't work). Where would you put this 1.5 gallon expansion tank? How do you winterize it? quick connect?

Old 04-04-2017, 09:53 PM   #11
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRN View Post
What is the point of the 3/4" household water regulator from HD if it doesn't have a gauge?
The difference in price you can add a gauge & still be cheaper than at rv store. They usually come preset at 55-60 psi which just the right pressure.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:21 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
The difference in price you can add a gauge & still be cheaper than at rv store. They usually come preset at 55-60 psi which just the right pressure.
Okay, thanks. That makes sense.