Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2013, 02:53 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

When I opened the slideout of my new Cruiser (never used it) I found out that the carriage bolt were at the bottom of the slot, I can see the mark were they should be bolted about 2 to 3 inches higher, also those bolt were not thight. when I opened the slide the bottom came out about 4-5 inches before the top stated to move. I am leaving tomorrow on a trip and no time to go to the dealer 100 miles away, ias there an easy way way to fix the problem, is it dangerous to used it that way could I cause more damage ? can I loosen up the carriage bolt anf force the braket back to it's place ? Thanks for your help
ROMAMICHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Is this a brand new camper still under warranty?
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckcropped2.jpg
BDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:49 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDLuke
Is this a brand new camper still under warranty?

Yes, bought it last fall and never used it, just getting ready for it's first trip a 27RLX 2013,
Old 03-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

If I was you, I would be on the phone with Crossroads to find out my options so not to void the warranty. They might be able to talk you through the necessary adjustments or maybe a mobile service approved by CR could be an option.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:30 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:

If I was you, I would be on the phone with Crossroads to find out my options so not to void the warranty. They might be able to talk you through the necessary adjustments or maybe a mobile service approved by CR could be an option.

Thank you BDLuke, I will try my dealer first, the might have a mobile service, If not I will call CrossRoads and see if I could find a crossroad dealer that would be in my way to Louisiana.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

CR has a factory service center in Topeka, IN. That's the best place to go if it's not too far off your route and if they can schedule you in. That way no matter what, they can get it done. The pic in my sig line is when I picked it up at the Service Center back in 2007.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Quote:

CR has a factory service center in Topeka, IN. That's the best place to go if it's not too far off your route and if they can schedule you in. That way no matter what, they can get it done. The pic in my sig line is when I picked it up at the Service Center back in 2007.

Thanks again but:
Maybe a little far off my route, I am going down I-81 from Quebec to Lafayette
Old 03-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

May be too late now, but it is normal for the SO floor to move before the top. The floor has to rise up to clear the main floor and that is the only attachment point between the SO room and the mechanism. Also, the original carriage bolt locations are where Lippert set them when they painted the frame. Crossroads later changes the adjustment, I'm not sure exactly when, but they may not have tightened the bolts at that point. They also don't do a good job of getting the adjustment right anyway. Brand new, mine were dragging on the main floor and I had to adjust them for more clearance. Now, when they are closed, the bottom moulding and decals on the SO don't line up with the main walls.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Thank you Dayle, your answer about the SO floor moving first make a lot of sense, I will visit my dealer when I return from my Louisiana rally, Edited by: ROMAMICHEL
Old 03-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Courville Rv on I-49 in oppalusas La. about 20 min from Lafayette LA. Great service department.
337-942-7795 will be able to help you as they are a Crossroads dealer and have serviced our cruiser for the last 3 years. I'm sure they will be happy to help you. Service manager has worked for them for years. Nice people to deal with.
malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote