Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
New Camper

propane problem

I have just purchased a n '07, 40' Paradise Pointe. I turned on the range/oven and the propane sensor in the toe kick under the dishwasher keeps going off. The PO changed the refrigerator out from the three-way to a residential unit. I thought he might have not plugged the line correctly. Checked it and it was fine. where else should I look? I would like to cook some bisquits!

THANKS
dowoplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

It's good that the propane sensor is working for you! If you have no alarms before you turn on the stove, then the lines are tight. When you open the oven control, then propane should run only to the pilot light. Are you getting that to light up? (you have to manually light it with a fire stick) You have to hold the knob in for about 30 seconds with the pilot lit. The flame will then heat the sensor which allows gas to stay on. Then, after you get it lit, you can manually advance the control to oven (say 350 degrees) and the main burner should light. Is this happening?
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:02 AM   #3
New Camper

Going to check during this long weekend.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2017, 11:11 AM   #4
New Camper

reread my original post. gas sensor starts sounding off when I turn the gas on. afraid, at this point, to light the stove/oven. I am going to test all my visible fittings under the stove first.

THANKS
Old 08-31-2017, 12:54 PM   #5
Gone Traveling

Pull the sensor & check the date on the back, they are only good for about 5 years, it may be the sensor is outdated & overly sensitive.
The sensors are also wired directly to you batteries & will sound when there's a 12 volt issue. Mine was going off last week, couldn't find any problems, decided to check battery water levels, added water & sensor quit alarming.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:42 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Pull the sensor & check the date on the back, they are only good for about 5 years, it may be the sensor is outdated & overly sensitive.
The sensors are also wired directly to you batteries & will sound when there's a 12 volt issue. Mine was going off last week, couldn't find any problems, decided to check battery water levels, added water & sensor quit alarming.
I don't think so. According to his latest post, the sensor is quiet until he turns on the gas. If the alarm goes on when the gas is on, and does not when the gas is off, then it sounds to me like a true gas leak. Could be anywhere in the line, especially where the line enters the cabin. (stove, fridge, water heater, cabin heat).
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #7
New Camper

fridge has been changed out to a residential unit. water heater is on electric. do have a small problem with the inverter (cooling fan heating up and stopping. suspect bad bearings in fan) going to check all my fittings, especially where they enter the coach. Give me something to do over the long weekend.

THANKS