Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Propane valve

OK here's a stupid question...My wife and I are living in the 5er for about 5 months this winter. This is the first time we have spent a long period of time in the camper. The question has to do with the propane tanks...Assume I start with two full tanks and turn both of them on with the arrow pointing at the forward tank. The window indicates that the tank has propane in it and we run a week or so on that tank. When that tank runs out the valve switches automatically to the aft tank and everything continues to work. Here's the question...Should the arrow switch so that it is pointing at the aft tank or does it still point at the forward tank to indicate that it is empty?

Thanks,

Gary Harkins

Dodge 3500, 2011 CF305SKP
CygnusSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
Site Team

The arrow/lever will have to be manually moved. When the tank it's pointed at runs empty, there will be a red disk that will come up in the window on the valve. That tells you the tank is empty and time to turn the lever to point at the other tank and disconnect the empty one and get it filled.
You need to have both of your tanks turned open for this to all work the way it is suppose to.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Thanks Lloyd...I knew that the forward tank was empty, but somehow expected the arrow to have automatically switched to the aft tank. From what you said it's clear that the valve makes the switch automatically, but the position of the arrow is manually controlled.

Thanks again,

Dodge 3500, 2011 CF305SKP
CygnusSailor is offline   Reply With Quote