Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I have one for you all. The Radio/CD/DVD player in our new 2010 Cruiser turns itself on. It must get getting reflected signals from somewhere and thinks its the remote telling it to turn on. It will be off, and the next day, we will go outside and it is back on playing away.

Anyone else have this issue ? Of course we are going to get it warrantied as I shouldn't have to worry about an appliance that turns itself on.

thanks

dc

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Put masking tape over the receiver port to see if it;s a stray signal. Also check and see if it has an alarm function that is turning it on. Stranger things have happened...

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Yesterday I shut the rear door on my pickup truck cap. That turned it on. It is very strange.

I will try the masking tape.

dc

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
New Camper

I have had the same issue on my '11 Cruiser. I would go out to check on it, turn the radio off, and come back a day or so later and find the radio back on. I was about to take it in to the dealership, when I thought to try and see if the sleeper timer may be causing the thing to come on. I shut the radio off, turned it back on, and cycled the sleeper timer through the settings of 15 minute increments until I saw that the 'SLEEP' timer was off completely. That apparently was the issue. It has been off for over a week now, though I still check it everyday. Maybe this might be your issue too.

1997 Ford F250 7.3l Diesel

2011 CT26RKX

Equalizer 12k Hitch/TST TPMS
Rick7t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

I have had my Jensen in my 2010 Cruiser come on in the middle of the night. Now I just leave it on set to an unused input. Mine always went to a radio station when it was turned on by it's self. Have not been able to isolate what is turing it on.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Found the alarm was set on mine, turned it off never came on in the middle of the night again.

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

We had the same issue with theJensen in our 2009 30SK. It happenedrepeatedly so we disconnected the wiring. We reconnected it a few weeks later when we used the trailer and haven't had the issue again. I suppose it could have been the alarm/sleep timer that was reset by disconnecting it. This Jensen was our second. The first one had a defective DVD player.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote