Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2023, 09:44 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Re leveling jacks no power

[QUOTE=Goldstar;154535]
I have a 2012 Crossroads Sunset reserve trail 31BH and the front electric leveling jacks that won’t come down using either the switch on the underskirt of the RV or using the remote control.
I have looked for a fuse under the battery box, the junction box on the front frame and all fuses in the RV itself and no blown fuses found. There are 4 plastic wire connections but no fuse link insight when I used a test light there is no power to the switch itself it should be power going to the switch am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated
Old 05-16-2023, 09:54 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Re leveling jacks no power

2012 Crossroads Sunset reserve trail 31BH
The front electric leveling jacks that won’t come down using either the switch on the underskirt of the RV or using the remote control.
I have looked for a fuse under the battery box, the junction box on the front frame and all fuses in the RV itself and no blown fuses found.
There are 4 plastic wire connections beside the leveling switch but no fuse or fused link.when I used a test light there is no power to the switch itself there should be power going to the switch itself am I missing something.
I’m puzzled where else to look for a fuse to the front leveling jacks all wire connections are tight. Any help would be appreciated
Old 05-16-2023, 09:58 AM   #3
Site Team

Have you tried to locate the remote control panel/box and check there for a fuse or circuit breaker. Most of the time but not always jacks and stabilizers have a auto resetting circuit breaker to protect them from too much amp draw when under a strain or being used beyond there capacity.

Just thinking out loud but the remote panel should feed power to the stabilizers. Never had one with a remote so just a guess.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 10:01 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I didn’t think a remote control would haves power box itself I’ll have to look but the only place I can think of is the main panel beside the front door have to check again. Thanks 👍
Old 05-16-2023, 10:11 AM   #5
Site Team

My thought is -- The remote in your hand sends a signal to a control box that then sends power to the stabilizers to raise or lower them. Not sure how the remote and the power to the stabilizers are connected.

On my camper --Without remote -- power comes from the battery to a 6 amp circuit breaker to the stabilizers. But I have a 5th wheel and my batteries and circuit breakers are in a side compartment.

Just another thought does the remote work other things and are they functioning correctly?
Old 05-16-2023, 10:16 AM   #6
Site Team

dagst1, his switch located on the rv doesn't work either.
Maybe he should check the power leads to the motor to see if there's power.
Use a meter to check ONLY if you feel comfortable using one.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 10:57 AM   #7
Site Team

Just ran across this thread it may help.

https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...ring-9272.html
Old 06-01-2023, 04:39 PM   #8
New Camper

Sunset trail 24' leveling jacks.

I own a Reserve Sunset trail 24'. My front leveling jacks went out and it took me a little bit to find out where the fuse are. In the back of my trailer below the main breaker box are 2 small wooden panels. 4 screws hold that panel on. Inside the right panel you'll find 2 fuses. 1 for the back and one for the front. One of those fuses could be blown. Hope this will work for you.
Old 06-01-2023, 05:27 PM   #9
Site Team

Please remember, THEY ARE NOT LEVELING JACKS!!!!
They are stabilizers and should NOT be used to level the RV.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 07:10 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

On my trailer the switches to operate the Stabilizer jacks are located on the aluminum flashing just above the stabilizer motors. They each have a 6amp Auto-reset breaker mounted inline at these positions. The breakers are rectangular metal boxes approx. 1 1/2”x1 3/4”x 1/2” with two terminals.
I replaced the switches and breakers on my trailer and these breakers were a must to have as per the instructions.
BUT these breakers could have been mounted anywhere along the line depending who was the one doing the install at manufacture.
These breakers are meant to trip when overloaded but, as the name states, they will reset after a short period of time. There will come a time when they wear out and need to be replaced.
You indicated there was no power at the switch
SO, if you can find this breaker test it to see if there is any power coming to it. Also test continuity Disconnect the wire leads and test between the two posts on the breaker. If no continuity the breaker is bad.