Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We have a 2012 Sunset Trail with the exterior gas grill, which has a bracket on the rear bumper and a grill that was in the rear compartment. There is no instructions for the setup and use of the grill. After placing th grill on the bracket, I do not think it is the right grill for the bracket either. I took pictures of the grill and the bracket and sent it to the web site listed for questions and I have no answers to date. There is a gas line with a shut off valve below the door for the rear storage compartment on the side of the grill bracket. There is also a new gas hose with quick connections that is too short to reach the grill.

Can somebody please help me? We bought the trailer used from Lazy Days in Florida, so there is no dealer i can go back to. The trailer was originally purchased in Pennsylvania, and brought to Florida. It was never used and traded for a motor home.
papabear9695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

When I purchased my camper I to found that the hose was to short. So i called the grill company and they told me the dealer was responsible for the hose. So I called them and they told me to come by and get a longer one. As far as the bracket it took me a little time to figure out how it went.Edited by: Big smokey

2007 F250 super duty
Big smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Can you post a pic of the grill and bracket fully extended so we can see if it is correct?

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I would love to attach the photos of the grill and the bumper bracket but it seems i have no ability at this time to post the images with this system. I would also like to know the manufacturer of the grill or brand name so I could get some instructions. So far I have been able to find nothing. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

What is the length of your gas hose?

Old 07-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

The hose is 4 foot, 2 inches in length, with a male and female quick disconnects, one on each end.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I will try to get out and measure mine soon.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Yup mine is the same length.
I measured from the rear side of the bumper to the gas hookup under the RV and it measures about 30 inches. So when the grill bracket is fully extended and locked into position, it reaches fine.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

You have to extend the bracket until it is straight and then reinstall the the clip to hold it in place. The grill has 2 round pins going straight up this is where the grill sits on. Look at the grill you will see a round bracket on each side these slide over the upright round posts.
Djkell001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

My grill has a bracket on each side that can slip over the vertical pins on the bracket. The problwm is, the grill is shorter than the distance between the two pins. Therefore, i can only slide the grill over one pin. There is a slot set on the bottom of the grill which should be for a grease receptor. of course the tray that i would consider for the gtrease receptor is not with the grill. Since i have no manufacturer of the grill or bracket, I can get no answers. Crossroads factory states this is the correct setup from my photos, but cannot supply me with any instructions or how to SAFELY make it work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #11
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Get a hammer and whack the tip of one pin so it moves closer to the tip of the other pin.

Paul
Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

The second pin is 10 inches away from the side of the grill so I would need a mighty hammer, or a welder. I just feel that it should be impossible with today's insurance oversight, how a product can be part of a new RV and have no instructions, manufacturer's name, etc. Our trailer was a very expensive toy. I know other people have purchased their trailers with the external grill. Did anyone get instructions with their external grill? Know the manufacturer's name?
Old 08-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

You most likely have. A Fleming side kick grill.
http://www.flemingsalesoem.com/outdo...ited/index.htm
Djkell001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

The grill assembly itself looks like the Fleming RV600, but it did not have the box to slide into. Thank you very much, as I will call them in the morning.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear9695
The second pin is 10 inches away from the side of the grill so I would need a mighty hammer, or a welder. ?

my pins were just off a lil, not ten inches. So the hammer trick worked for me.

Paul
Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #16
Weekend Camper

I just bought a 6 ft hose from Calore Equipment. I think they are the retail outlet for MB Sturgis.

http://caloreequipment.com/products/cl/recreational-vehicle-lp-hoses-quick-disconnects/model-250-quick-disconnects-hoses/rv-dual-quick-disconnect-hose.html

2016 GMC Sierra Denali HD & Hensley Arrow
Indy_Smiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

I had a long conversation with Fleming Grill people in Indiana. It seems that I have a Fleming grill and if Crossroads had installed the correct bracket, everything would fit and work. Fleming was kind enough to send me the instruction book and also tell me how many people are now calling with the same problem I have. It seems that Crossroads did correct the bracket problem, but I have no answer if I can exchange mine for the correct unit. Fleming sold a large quantity of the stainless grills to Crossroads. Thanks for your information.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #18
New Camper

Is the bumper mount compatible with other grill types or specifically the one that comes with it? I called about the bumper mount but wanted to use my own grill. Thanks!
Corbinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #19
Weekend Camper

We have a 2012 Sunset Trail Reserve ST28FL and I find the gas grill to be more of a pain because of the clean up after use, before you can store it away after use.

Edited by: andreah
andreah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

andreah - that is exactly why I haven't taken mine out of the box yet... once it is used, where can it be stored w/o first cleaning it? I'm sure everyone has tried cleaning a grill and it is usually a messy job, just not sure I'll ever use mine.
Utahgoldrup is offline   Reply With Quote