Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2022, 10:19 AM   #1
New Camper

Rear camera wiring issue

Good morning, all! We just brought home our 331BH yesterday and it's a beautiful rig. Unfortunately, I'm having an issue w/ the rear camera wiring.
I am installing a Visionworks camera which has the Furrion wiring and mounts. I went to install it and learned there is no power to the adaptor that was in the furrion cap. I have the lights on but there is no power to that adaptor.
So I dug around a little inside the hole and saw another black wire, just like the one coming out, so I fished it out as well and found it was a cut wire. There is no power to it either.

I have no idea where these wires go but I'm assuming the adaptor wire was cut inside the wall somewhere.

Does anyone know where this camera line hooks into? Is it possibly one of the top marker lights on the back of the rig? All the lights work. There's just no power to this cut cable.
Tony2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 12:32 PM   #2
Site Team

I don't have the camera, (wish I did) Maybe this link will help you.

https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...ion-13165.html
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 06:30 PM   #3
New Camper

Thanks, Lloyd. I did see that thread but it doesn’t seem to help locate the wiring. On a side note, while fishing around I found a similar looking wire that was cut so I’m assuming they cut the wire in the wall at some point. So I guess I’m going to have to take it back to the dealer at some point.
Tony2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:46 PM   #4
Site Team

When you get the answer, please post back and let the rest of us know.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 02:21 PM   #5
New Camper

Rear Camera

I had to take mine in for other issues that were covered under warranty, and they found same thing and replaced wire and put it to correct power source, free of charge.
AirborneTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 06:49 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Turn on your tail lights that’s the power source. Power comes from the tail lights.
Thomas Walch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:30 PM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneTigger View Post
I had to take mine in for other issues that were covered under warranty, and they found same thing and replaced wire and put it to correct power source, free of charge.

Same here, my backup cemera wire has no power too, and I send it back for warranty fix, dealer tech. mention the wire not connect to tail light so they have to re-connect the wire!
fatbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 12:17 PM   #8
New Camper

So I had the exact same issue. After trying everything I found a cut wire as well. After several calls to the dealership, they called back and said it was supposed to be prewired and I can bring it in and they will fix free of charge. So I guess I gotta find time to make the two hour round trip
AdamR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:00 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

I have heard of several instances where the 'prewired backup camera' wiring is wired to the camera mount, but not to the clearance light that powers it. The wiring is wrapped around the clearance light wire, but not connected.
Remove the center clearance light and check for connection there.
Let us know what you find.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 04:50 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerdinger View Post
I have heard of several instances where the 'prewired backup camera' wiring is wired to the camera mount, but not to the clearance light that powers it. The wiring is wrapped around the clearance light wire, but not connected.
Remove the center clearance light and check for connection there.
Let us know what you find.
That was the way mine was. The camera wire was pinched between the exterior wall and an aluminum stud. Opened the hole a little, found that the wire was tied in a knot around the wiring harness for the top rear running lights. Spliced it in and nope, nothing. Turns out they also wired the running lights reverse polarity. After redoing my electrical twice, I checked and switched the wires and now working. The "prewire" was worse than "no-wire" would have been.