Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2023, 06:10 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Refrigerator won’t work on 110

So, I searched the threads and am still a little stumped on an issue we found today. We have a 2015 Zinger 32QB. The refrigerator won’t work on 110, but does work on propane. We are plugged into shore power that works (AC works).

We have an entire side of the camper (I didn’t check the other side!) that doesn’t have power at any of the outlets. All breakers are fine and fuses appear to be intact. This side has the GFI’s in the kitchen and bathroom. Neither will reset when the button is depressed.

Any other ideas for things to check? I purchased a new converter as a friend thought it may be that…I am not convinced. Help?
Shortjac000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 06:26 PM   #2
Site Team

Are you sure you have a 32BH?

I was trying to research it and can't find a 2015 Zinger 32BH.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 06:28 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Apologies, it is a 32QB
Bloomington, IN
Old 05-21-2023, 06:35 PM   #4
Site Team

Your converter would be 12 volt so it would not have anything to do with the outlets. Is your camper 30 or 50 amp?
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 06:37 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

It is 50 amp.
Bloomington, IN
Old 05-21-2023, 06:42 PM   #6
Site Team

Not saying this is your problem but check the 50 amp at the post. Had 1 side of our camper not work and it was 1 leg on the post out.
Old 05-21-2023, 06:42 PM   #7
Site Team

That's better.

I see you have a slide out. You might start by looking under that slide and see if you can find an electrical junction box Tucked up under there. It should be attached/screwed to the frame. If there is one, disconnect from shore power and take the cover off See if it's wet inside. If so dry it out. Check all the wire nut connectors and make sure they are tight and the wire s all captured inside them. When you done with that tape the connectors up good so they can't work loose again. When you get ready to close it back up, seal the box with silicon.

Have you checked the back of the fridge to see if you have power there at the plug in?
Old 05-21-2023, 06:45 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Not saying this is your problem but check the 50 amp at the post. Had 1 side of our camper not work and it was 1 leg on the post out.

I’ll check that out when I go back down. Thank you!
Old 05-21-2023, 06:47 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
That's better.

I see you have a slide out. You might start by looking under that slide and see if you can find an electrical junction box Tucked up under there. It should be attached/screwed to the frame. If there is one, disconnect from shore power and take the cover off See if it's wet inside. If so dry it out. Check all the wire nut connectors and make sure they are tight and the wire s all captured inside them. When you done with that tape the connectors up good so they can't work loose again. When you get ready to close it back up, seal the box with silicon.

Have you checked the back of the fridge to see if you have power there at the plug in?
I will try this. The camper sits under a metal carport so I’d be surprised if it’s wet inside. Only humidity could cause a build up.

I have checked outlet refrigerator was plugged into. No power. Microwave also has no power in addition to outlets along that wall (GFI).
Old 05-21-2023, 06:54 PM   #10
Site Team

Maybe you have another GFI that you haven't found, or you have a GFI that's no good .
Or it's a problem in that junction box.
Old 05-21-2023, 06:56 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Maybe you have another GFI that you haven't found, or you have a GFI that's no good .
I am going to look more in depth for another GFI, but both the bathroom and kitchen GFI won’t reset. Hard to think they both went out at the same time. I hate to call a mobile service, but if I can’t figure it out after a couple more hours, I guess we’ll have to!

Appreciate all of your input. I’ll update once I find the issue!
Old 05-22-2023, 04:26 PM   #12
New Camper

I worked on a fairly new rushmore that had no power on a slide. There was a Junction box underneath that had an open neutral/white wire. Where the room moves this could be something similar. Before i crawled underneath and fixed I ran a wire inside from a receptacle on the same circuit breaker that was working to a receptacle that wasnt and it powered. ie...from a working receptacle neutral blade( longer blade ) to a non working receptacle and all the receptacles powered so that pinpointed to a open neutral.
Clcutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 05:42 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Ding Ding Ding…one side of the breaker was bad. Well, now I have an extra converter and 2 GFCI’s just in case they decide to bite the dust. Thanks all for your help! Told the campground owner and he is replacing tomorrow.
Old 05-23-2023, 07:21 PM   #14
Site Team

Glad you got it fixed and thank you for reporting back.