Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
New Camper

Replaced hot water outlet elbow

I replaced a cracked fitting on the top HW heater (outlet) with a different elbow. I was Very careful to put everything back in the same way the plumbing was originally. No leak now. The hot water faucets work. However the cold water doesn't work on any faucets??? It was working just before I replaced that elbow. There was a little white plastic piece inside the HW heater Outlet that I put the new elbow on. I left it in. Any idea what is causing this? Appreciate any help!! :-) 2006 Bel air
Mottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:36 PM   #2
New Camper

Update: I figured out the little white plastic piece inside the outlet from the HW tank is a one way valve. It seems to be working properly. I opened the drain caps by the tires and turned on main cold water supply. One flowed freely right away. The other barely trickled
However, when the sink HW faucet was turned on the trickle flowed! Seems like a crossed up something somewhere. I'm so perplexed!
Old 06-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #3
Site Team

There is a low point drain for the cold and the other is for the hot.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I was going to suggest it was backwards but I deleted the post because I could not mentally picture how that would stop the cold water side from flowing. Glad you got it corrected.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:03 PM   #5
New Camper

Question It's still not working

I can't get any cold water to work
Old 06-07-2016, 09:20 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mottle View Post
I can't get any cold water to work
Are you on city water pressure, or fresh tank with pump? Did you shut off city water? (Or?) Is there water in the tank, and is the pump on, and does it run?
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:06 AM   #7
New Camper

The city water was / is hooked up. The fresh water holding tank has a leak. Not sure where / what the leak is yet. When i tried to fill the FW tank the water streams back out under the belly. Seems to be a hole in the fill pipe or loose connection where the pipe it goes thru the floor. I put could reach a few fingers thru the hole in the floor and feel the water coming out the side of the fill pipe just under the floor where it connects to the tank? Wish I knew what the tank looks like. Can't find prints or schematics anywhere for this camper. So the fresh water tank is not filled and not using the pump. I just bought the camper and not sure what all the problems are and what may have been done to it before I got it. There is evidence the plumbing has been worked on before.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:23 AM   #8
Site Team

Here is a link to my post # 10 has a picture of my wt sitting on end.

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...oss-11676.html

Please state your make, model, and year of camper so we know what camper you are asking questions about.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:45 AM   #9
New Camper

2006 Crossroads 30ft Bel air."bunk house" somehow it seems the cold water line is routing thru the hot water lines the wrong way. And is stopping the cold water coming thru the cold faucets. A vacuum problem?
Old 06-08-2016, 09:07 AM   #10
Site Team

Do you have all the valves in the correct position?

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:15 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mottle View Post
.... I just bought the camper and not sure what all the problems are and what may have been done to it before I got it. There is evidence the plumbing has been worked on before.
Hmmm. If it has been modified, it's going to be hard for anyone to help without pictures. Here's what to keep in mind. The city water enters the TT at the wall of the trailer. There is a one-way valve right there. It could be closed, but it is designed to open (push forward) under pressure. Disconnect your hose and remove any screen washer and check it out. Usually a little plastic plunger that you can push forward, gently. From there you are in the cold water system. From there it feeds all cold water taps, including the toilet, and goes to the input of the water heater. There's no magic, nothing complicated. Unless, of course, somebody modified something. Good luck!
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:18 PM   #12
New Camper

I really appreciate all the help from everyone! I was going to take pictures and explain but I hurt my back and can't move now. I figured out it was a rubber washer I put inside the new elbow. When it was tightened down it was pressing IN on the HW heater outlets' one way check valve causing it to stay shut. I took the washer out and put everything back together and it works! So just out of curiosity I shut off the valve to the hot water tank Outlet and tried the faucets. The exact problem reappeared. Hot side run cold water and the cold side no water at all. So the system is looping when the valve is closed. Lloyd your photo is hooked up different than mine. Yours has a by pass that looks like it solved that issue in your model? I'll send a photo of it soon. I'm sorry about my signature and not having my year and model ...you're all very patient! Appreciate it ALot! Special Thanks to Lloyd who tried to fix my errors☺☺
Old 06-08-2016, 05:20 PM   #13
New Camper

You're good! You post helped me think! Thanks a bunch!